Chapter 10

Minghao clasped his hands together under his chin and looked at his friends around him, scanning their faces one by one, despite Wonwoo being too engrossed in reading one of their books about the new world they were in.

They had mixed emotions in their eyes, some were scared some screamed excitement. He was about to talk until Mingyu sneezed on his hands and shrugged, wiping it on Junhui’s hair.

“MiNGyu wHat ThE FucK!” Junhui tried to strangle Mingyu earning a laugh out of the others. A loud noise was heard, echoing through the walls, the boys stacked together on Seungcheol out of fear.
“Get of me you wussies” Seungcheol groaned, all of them went back to their seats, Chan scoffing. “Fine, gramps”

“That was the bell at the main door, I apologize for not warning all of you earlier, I’ll be right back” Hansol bowed and left the room. The others driving their attention back to Minghao, who was suppressing his little giggles before coughing and displaying a serious face once more.

“Again, let’s talk business. I understand you’re all still in shock about what happened earlier and all these new things. But for us to be really good friends, Jeonghan and I have agreed to tell you our little secret” Minghao gave off a smile.

Their shoulders relaxed to what Minghao said, as they expected it to be something else, something serious. He began telling them about their beloved kingdom, the places, foods, animals, and people that the human world doesn’t normally have.

Hansol came back in the room with his face visibly troubled, a boy following behind him. The boy was holding onto his left wing like his life depended on it.

Chan looked at the boy behind Hansol and immediately laughed. “Seungkwan hyung!” The boy looked up and ran to Chan, but immediately shook Soonyoung back and forth.

“How dare you make a mess at the fruits stand and leave without helping us clean up?!” He cried out, his cheeks burning a bright red out of embarrassment.

“I had to pay for the damaged fruits that fell too hyung, how could you!?” He faked wiping his tears and fainting onto a chuckling Joshua.

“Why are you even here Seungkwan?” Hoshi leaned away, his nose scrunching at the sight of drama. “Chan invited me to go with you guys, but I got at the mall late and my phone died. I did manage to follow you all but I got caught up by the stall’s owner!” He sulked.

After they’ve settled, they left the castle and roamed the villages and ended up in a town, in the Kingdom. The boys stayed behind Minghao during their stroll, receiving questioning glares from the locals.

An elder villager offered the two royal siblings a taste of their freshly cooked food at a restaurant, while doing so, a group  around the same age as them passed by and noticed the unfamiliar presence of pure humans. They approached the unguarded guests of the royals, disregarding the Windigo’s presence. One of them tugged on Chan’s hair violently, making the boy yelp in pain.

“So, how did some puny humans enter this realm? I thought the King orders trespassers to be murdered” He snickered, now grabbing onto a handful of Chan’s hair tighter. They stood still, unsure on what to do and the sniggering men were obviously stronger than they were, even stronger than Seungcheol.

Junhui froze at the thought of his brother being harmed, he slowly stepped forward, suddenly giving a strong kick to the stranger’s chest. Unfazed by the blow on his body, he threw Chan onto the others as locals started gathering around the commotion.

Jeonghan leaped forward in order to stop the new faces to get any closer to his friends, he shrieked as a warning sign as their kind would do. The leader of the group stuck out like a sore thumb, he had a much bigger appearance than any of the others. He sneered and held Jeonghan by the throat, his companions laughing as the gasps and chattering from the locals only got louder and louder.

Soon after the elderly woman that prepared the food for the royal siblings had peeked through the windows to see the occurrence. She immediately told the princes about what was happening in the middle of the stalls in town square. The brothers frantically got out of their seats and rushed to aid their friends.

Minghao’s eyebrows furrowed in anger, seeing Jeonghan getting pinned down onto the dusty floor, the others surrounded by more conceited low lives, unable to utter a single word or their bodies would’ve been crushed.

He disappeared from the restaurant’s door and immediately stood in between Jeonghan and one of the Kingdom’s scums. He struck the hybrid on his chin who stumbled backwards, eyes widened at what happened, and who dared to challenge him.

The Minotaur clutched his chin and growled at the man before him, attempting to make him back off but it was useless. Before speaking again he notices who the man was. His knees weakened and fell on his ass, trying to scurry away.

Minghao walks towards him, opening his wings fully, his eyes glowing red but maintained a calm yet terrifying look. He steps on the cornered Minotaur’s chest, slowly hissing and showing his sharp fangs.
“Scram, uncultured lowlife, never set foot in this kingdom again. Once I hear word about you snooping around in my territory, your head will be the next decoration on my wall.”