3

Elizabeth found that retreating back into her cage would be useless for the door could not function properly since the gate lever had been destroyed. Instead, she merely stood outside the cage. She had reached her hands inside to grab her sandals and put them back upon her sore feet. In a few moments, the heavy thuds of armored boots made its way up the ramp.

The girl stood straight and turned around, properly facing the commander. She remembered him telling her to not speak unless spoken to; therefore, she held this as a rule when he was near. She held her head high hoping none of her fear would be hinted at. If he knew truly how she felt then he might have more of an advantage over her then what he might have now. The Dremora neared with narrowed eyes. His face seemed to gleam with sweat and blood that had sprayed upon him during battle. His jet black hair was drenched with sweat and his two ebon horns seemed shaper and far more terrifying up close then they had back in Kvatch.

His gloved hand reached up to his breastplate and he worked it off him and placed it aside. Elizabeth watched with curious eyes as he continued to remove his armor. The cuirass lay lifeless upon the floor and he stood there in a jet colored tunic that hung loosely to his great brawny figure. He turned to her and explained, "After battles such as Kvatch, the armor starts to feel heavier then it is and weighs you down even more. Now if I remove it, I can move much more easily... say, if you were to run away like you did to Xilivicus... I would catch you before you took even two steps."

"I learn from my mistakes," she said with a bowed head and a furiously beating frightened heart. "I won't try to r-run away again."

"—unless you see the opportune moment." He added in with a serious face and a hissing voice. He moved even closer and sighed, "Well then, let us get to the interrogation. I've gotten very impatient over the last few scholar's information. So tell me what you know before I get very impatient."

She sighed and then questioned cautiously, "What...is it that you want to know?"

He gave her an incredulous look. She could practically see his patient meter burst within him. His jaw clenched and he lightly muttered, "Everything."

"It will be hard to tell you everything without any specific details," said she, "would you like to know certain landmarks or the greatest of areas or the most populated or...?"

Broga glanced off, uninterested, "I have heard this all before," he groaned, "I want to know what exactly is in Tamerial."

Elizabeth blinked a few times, attempting to process this, "Tamerial consists of a lot of parts, sir. There is... Hammerfall, Summerset Isle, Black Marsh, Morrowind, Cyrodiil-"

"Cyrodiil," interrupted the Dremora. "I want to know about the parts of Cyrodiil."

Elizabeth bowed her head thinking deeply. Under these circumstances her mind was so unraveled and she was certain that if she didn't answer soon, Broga would force an answer out of her. She sighed deeply and continued, "Cyrodiil has many cities in it... there is Bruma, Bravil, Anvil, Cheydinhal, Leyawiin, Chorrol, Skingrad, the Imperial City, and Kvatch which... has been probably wiped off the world. All of Cyrodiil is practically centered around the Imperial city which is where the Emperor is at."

Broga nodded, "Emperor Uriel Septim and his sons... where are they in the city?"

Elizabeth glanced up and said, "In the center, of course, in the Imperial Palace. The sons are usually there or walking about the city. Imperial City is in the shape of a great wheel with massive walls. All over Cyrodiil the Imperial Palace can be seen in the sky."

Broga glanced away; his mind was ticking away like clockwork, "... I see," he then glanced back and asked, "The government; who are they?"

"Mostly the government... w-would be the Blades. They work to protect the emperor and contain order in each and every city. Their outpost is high within the mountains near Bruma. The rest of the government would possibly be... the guards and the Chancellor."