12

"... Who is your commander?" she questioned with a fluttering heart that had feared a certain name.

Xilivicus turned his eyes away from her and snarled in his Daedric accent, "I told you there were things I could not tell you."

The Hero snarled and shoved himself off the wall, "You are asking worthless questions!" He shoved past the girl and removed the lockpick from his pocket soon jamming it into the lock with a snarl, "We shall get nowhere unless the proper force is exerted!"

Elizabeth leapt forward and amazingly she twirled the lockpick out of his hand and she tossed it aside with a fiery glare. Her small lips pursed together and her nostrils flared as a sudden vexation flowed through her veins. "Stop being rash! Look... torture shall only cloud his mind from the truth. If you want to at least show a little force then go up to the guard and get some rope. We'll tie him down and I'll standby and watch you ask the questions. Now go."

The Hero searched her eyes with drawn lips. His voice hid within his throat and with a scoff he stormed out of the prison soon slamming the door. Elizabeth bowed her head to examine the floor. Her rage was beginning to be released. Remembering the Dremora, her head swirled around and her energetic eyes scorched the cell and caused Xilivicus to nearly leap from his skin. The maiden stepped closer with a hateful snarl, "Listen here, Daedra. You better answer my questions before he gets back and takes this matter into his own hands. Don't you understand he's going to kill you if you don't talk?!"

"There are worse things than death, mortal." He hissed back while pacing in the blackness. He felt the spirits of his ancestors swirl around him. The lineage of Daedra pushed down upon his shoulders and raised him to a rank that he knew he could never amount to. "So little you understand..."

"Then help me understand!" She snapped. "You won't tell me anything!"

"For good reason, your friend wishes to use it against me and my Kyn! It is not you that I don't trust, girl, it's your barbaric thug that I don't trust." Xilivicus hissed. It was beginning to become harder as he attempted to hold his Daedric accent around her.

The girl's pasty petite hands had wrapped firmly around the rusting iron bars. Her head leaned close to the door as she hissed, "Then tell me now, Dremora! Before your life becomes forfeit! Why has Dagon sent you?!"

"I am to capture you," he answered in the abyss, "and take you back to Dagon as the Ultimate Scholar of this land."

Elizabeth's eyes widened a little as he began to spill the truth from his lips like water. She leaned her head away and stepped back as well, "... do your... Kyn... know that you're here?"

Xilivicus leaned his head up. The tone of his skin and eyes blending together in the dark. He saw her by the gate and wished that he were a human like her. No longer had he wanted Tamerial's hate to scorch him like hellfire. "They are not oblivious beings. Knowledge of these walls holding me back from returning to them shall carry to them quickly."

The High Elf rubbed the curve in her lips with the side of her index finger as she pondered aloud, "Then surely they will come here for you. Then they will find me as well and your mission shall be a success."

"However, that is not what I truly want," said he. "For you do not know that the Dremora Xilivicus and I were indeed... as you say, acquaintances. He has spoken many a word of his dreams and aspirations and also... his desire for you to live peacefully in Tamerial."

Elizabeth felt her muscles tense. Xilivicus? Surely he was lying. But... how would he have known of him being Daedra? The maiden eyed the cell carefully and softly she had demanded, "Come forth... into the light. I want to see your face."