10

Broga leapt high from a mahogany tree in the forest with a glare lingering in his crimson eyes. He landed with a heavy thud yet the shock had not hurt him at all. He stormed over to the dead cadaver of the Daedroth and quickly his eyes flew up to the murderer. "Why did you kill one of our own agents?!"

Xilivicus narrowed his eyes, "It was going to kill her! Lord Dagon said to bring her back alive! Also, if the guard was to see it, he would alert all of the Imperial City and everyone would know that we are here, in other words, mission failed!"

A few Daedra leapt from the branches, black robes wrapped around their bodies. Broga snorted and shoved Xilivicus out of the way, "The Daedroth could have torn down the guard and taken the girl back to us."

"It was a creature! How would it have known to distinguish between the girl and its prey? I'm not going to sit back and watch your follies cost us this mission!" Xilivicus snarled as he watched Broga drag the corpse through the undergrowth to conceal it from any travelers.

Broga shoved the massive body under a gargantuan bush. He turned and sneered, "Secure the area, and find a way into the Imperial City by not being seen. Moving in the night shall be our best bet to get the girl."

The Daedra saluted and quickly ran off. Just as Xilivicus turned to leave, Broga seized his shoulder and jerked him back with a snarl, "It's not the mission you're thinking about, Churl. Need I remind you that she is nothing more than a mortal? A backstabbing, deceiving, and heartbreaking vixen? Black her out from your mind before I need to report you to Dagon for insubordination."

Xilivicus ripped his shoulder out of his commander's grasp. His eyes casting a hateful gaze into the dark abyss of night. "Let us get this over with, I do not care to be here any longer, Broga."

The commander nudged past him and quickly followed after his assistants. Xilivicus furrowed his brow and looked up to the great wide sky. The moon shined like river water and it fell down upon him filling his body with energy. The cold wind rushed past him and he closed his eyes. He hadn't hoped that his first experience of Tamerial would be in this situation; chasing down Elizabeth to turn her over to Dagon. The Churl saw Broga waving him on with angered eyes. He sighed and quickly ran out into the night to follow his commander and fellow assassins to do the darkest of deeds.

The guard pushed open the old worn door to the 'King and Queen's Tavern'. Inside there was chatter from many pub patrons and a few High Elves speaking in the back with many books surrounding them. The guard grinned and nodded, "Yes, I'm pretty sure that Lord Asquerana is here. Check with the owner to see if he has rented out a room... stay here, alright?"

Elizabeth walked over to a bench and sat down. Sweat still burdened her forehead and she could not silence her heavily pounding heart. Her eyes closed and she took slow deep breathes hoping that might calm her. She swore she saw a Daedroth attack her horse! What else could it have been? Maybe a mountain lion... that was the size of an Ogre. Maybe it was a troll, it was night afterall and the moonlight could have lightened the troll's body... and made him look like a giant Daedric reptile.

The guard walked back and grinned, "Your father is in the first room up in the living quarters. I didn't know that you were a member from Kvatch! How lucky you are to be alive, I do hope that you get a good night of rest, miss. If you ever need me I'll be patrolling the city."

Elizabeth stood with a weak smile, "Thank you, sir. I am really glad I had someone to escort me here."

The guard bowed with a chuckle, "No problem, ma'am. Blessings of Talos upon ye."

The High Elf hastily rushed across the room and made her way up the stairs. She nearly tripped upon her ripped pants as she darted up the stairs and burst through the living quarters' door. She gave the corridor a glance then quickly saw the first door. A smile lit up her face and she quickly ran into the room, "Father, I'm-"