18

Broga opened the great door to the Watch tower and he walked in with a sigh. The once burning fire in the center of the room was now merely a crumbling carcass for the fire had died many an hour ago. Xilivicus walked in and watched Broga pace around the room a little; unsure of what to do. The Churl narrowed his eyes and called out, "What... did you want me to do, sir?"

The great black Dremora lifted his heavy head and glanced over. A smirk creased over his black lips and he answered, "Well, since we still have a while. Tell me about Elizabeth. You're more of a songbird than she is. Possibly I can get more information out of you."

"What's there to tell?" puffed the Churl whose eyes were tossed to the skies outside the marvelous window.

Broga chuckled lightly and he walked closer to his brethren. "How does it feel when she tells you she loves you?"

Xilivicus' muscles tensed and he continued to look out the window; ignoring his master's question. The Commander placed his hand upon Xilivicus' bare shoulder and he questioned, "How does it feel... to know that she belongs to me now?"

"She belongs to no man, Broga. She is her own person." The Churl tossed his tangerine eyes up to the Commander.

Broga laughed and patted his brethren's shoulder lightly. "Oh, Xilivicus... you are so trifling." The Dremora walked to the window and glanced out with a deep sigh. His wicked waved horns rose as he lowered his head to some extent. "When will you finally accept the fact that you're a Daedra?" He turned around with a smile. "You're no human, you're no Mer, and you're not some Saint from their world! As long as you continue to act like a human you will continue to be treated like a human." Broga stormed forward and purred, "I think I know exactly what is wrong with you. You haven't had Cyrodiilic blood on your hands for years. Deep within your heart you're lusting for the feeling of power and that will cure you of this human attribute of love and... purity." He sneered.

"I don't want to kill anyone," Xilivicus hissed. "I am perfectly fine with clean hands." He glanced down to his violet palms. His eyes were etching the creative creases.

"You're letting those damned goddesses speak for you, brother! Push them from your mind and pick up your own opinions and voice. Let the hatred consume you! Let it flow through your veins once again!"

The Churl lifted his head and stared at Broga. "No... this is my voice. This is my opinion. You've let Mehrunes corrupt your mind. You're just like him. Shallow, opinionated, cruel... yes, you're just like him."

Broga bore his jagged teeth as he grinned. He leaned closer and snarled, "... and who gets the girl at the end of the night, Xilivicus, hmm?"

The Churl's body tensed and he felt the power to strike this man down. How could he refer back to Elizabeth in that horrible context? His muscles bulged as he could feel the hatred of Mara, Dibella, and even himself overcome him. Broga's eyes lifted and his face fell emotionless as he stared at something other then Xilivicus. The Churl furrowed his brow and whipped around to see Velthada and Elizabeth standing in the doorway.

The elegant Daedric dress embraced Elizabeth tightly and a crown-like headdress was placed over her head; holding back her silver hair. Her long silver locks had been braided and bounded up into a ponytail, a bouncing silver tail falling from the style. Her porcelain face was enhanced with charcoal around her eyes and upon her lips. The charcoal lined her eyes and drew out to a long black line, giving her the impression of cat-like eyes. Her lips were a dark black like Broga's and upon her thin neck was a black collar that Velthada had made for her.

"Elizabeth..." Xilivicus managed to mutter as his face flushed of color. His heart leapt and he felt automatically weak by her enticing appearance. Suddenly, he could see flashes of Anaxes. That was her dress, wasn't it?

Into OblivionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara