9

Elizabeth opened her eyes as the white explosion surrounded her. Her fingertips were gripping the bloodied Daedric armor. Suddenly, Xilivicus began to dematerialize like ash and scatter in this white storm. The High Elf tried to catch the particles but it was no use. The light became too blinding and she closed her eyes. There was a swirl of sound around her and just in seconds everything went dark. Slowly, she opened her eyes to see the Kvatch gate. A small gasp came from her lips as she saw her hometown before her. The Hero held her tightly and when his eyes opened he stood up and let go of the maiden.

They were transported back to Kvatch! He didn't imagine it happening that way! He turned to see Savlian waiting behind their little spiked fence and he knew the war was not truly over. He grabbed Elizabeth and the two rushed over to the captain. As the Hero and Savlian spoke, Elizabeth stood back and out of the crowd with wide terrified eyes and a frail body. She had witnessed her friend die and she didn't even get to say goodbye. Her lips were cracking and dry as she breathed in the stale Kvatch air of burning houses and crumbling stone. Her heart stood on the edge of a canyon of misery as her mind toiled over Xilivicus's death and how she could have prevented it.

Yet, when she looked upon the fact of him being a Daedra she scolded herself and said, He's a bloody animal from another realm. He feels no heartache or love or emotions at all! He died as he lived... an animal. Push him from your mind he is not worth worrying about! Elizabeth bowed her head and turned towards the still monstrous charred backbone of the Oblivion gate that still loomed in the air. It did not seem as frightening now for it did not brandish the shimmering and hypnotizing portal. Her eyes diverted and the Hero walked over to her and embraced her, "You are free from that hellhole, Ms. Asquerana. I would love to escort you personally back to your father who waits for you in the Imperial City; however, it appears there are still people in Kvatch who need to be saved. I shall send you with my horse and talented guards to lead you there." He pulled away and gazed into her eyes with a childish smile, "Will you miss me?"

The Elf showed a weak smile as her mind was still toiling over many things. "You have been a wonderful guard and friend to me, sir. You risked your life for mine and for that I am forever grateful. Shall I see you after your escapade?"

He chuckled and stepped back soon bowing before her and taking her hand into his like a gentleman. He lowered her hand to his lips and kissed the back of her hand very gently. It was very gentle and smooth like silk. He glanced up to her and raised his eyebrows with a crooked smirk, "You couldn't get rid of me that easy, miss."

She laughed weakly and her hand retreated as he let go. "Then I shall see you in the city... goodbye, sir."

"Goodbye, milady." He replied while standing.

The Elf watched as the Hero ran back to Savlian and they soon gathered together and sprinted around their fortress of wooden spikes to breech the Kvatch door. Elizabeth quickly made her way down the trail where she would find the camp, a horse, and a few guards who awaited her.

There was a thunderous roar throughout Dagon's court as he was told that the Oblivion gate in Kvatch had been forever closed. The armrest to his throne began to crack and fall to pieces as he slammed his fists down harshly. His court members cowered and knew not why this angered him so easily. Certainly, it wasn't so hard to open the portal? Was it? Dagon's black veins pulsed with hatred as he thought of those humans closing his gates. Surely, many Daedra would be reborn this day for they gave up their pathetic lives to protect his gate. Dagon clashed his teeth together and then he looked down upon his court from his high throne and he bellowed, "Leave me be!"

The Daedra leapt from their stands and quickly ran from the room, begging pardon. The doors slammed and Dagon sat in his throne with deep thoughts burdening his head. All of his eyes closed together as he took a deep breathe, smelling brimstone and corpses rotting in a fiery pit. The grand courtroom reached high into the abyss and seemed to spread out so far that you could not see the edges of the room. In the middle of his meditation, there was a disturbance in the room. Dagon's eyes ripped open as he looked out into the dimness of the room. His lips needed not to move for the trespasser stepped forward before his throne and bowed. A mere follower, what was he to expect? The Hero who closed his gate? "What do you want?" snarled the Father of Destruction and Mayhem.