17

Their hands were harsh upon her skin as they dragged her along. She attempted to plant her feet into the soil or even fight back against these monster; however, she hadn't the strength or willpower to do so. They shoved her through the halls of the mansion with little mercy at all. She marveled at the grand columns of brimstone and bones. Her body shivered in fright of the long wide floors and all the creatures that guarded these halls. Daedric men held back chained Clannfear from running wild. The maiden gasped and attempted to move aside. So many eyes fell upon her. Silver, crimson, black, white... they all held amazement as they saw this Altmer being led to the main chambers of Dagon's Court.

Could it possibly be that this war was quickly coming to an end? Could it possibly be that Tamerial was almost in Dagon's cold black clutches? A few wondering Daedra followed the guards in wonderment. As Elizabeth approached the gargantuan godlike doors two Daedric men grasped the handles and forced them open exposing an overflowing courtroom. The stands held many a Daedra and upon the pedestals were many crimson robed court members. In the center of these pedestals was the grand master throne where Mehrunes Dagon resided. His black eyes were piercing down from the heavens and scorching the girl. Right as she had caught sight of this monstrosity, her body became petrified and her face became a ghostly white.

She jerked her body backwards in a run; nonetheless, the guards had a great grip upon her. They chuckled at her fear and all she heard were cackles as she was brought to the middle of the court. Her body shivered in fear as with each step she could see what lay before her on the horizon. Her heart rammed against her ribcage; attempting to escape from this hellhole.

The guards released their hands from the maiden and stepped back. One Daedra leaned closer to her as her eyes were fastened upon Lord Dagon. The Kynmarcher narrowed his black eyes as he snarled, "Bow, mortal." Elizabeth could hear nothing but these wild eccentric cackles around her. These creatures... this realm... this Daedric Prince... what god would even conjure such monsters into existence? The Kynmarcher removed his mace from his belt and as he raised it he snarled, "Show your respect and bow!"

Just as he was to bring it down upon her back, Broga's hand grasped the hilt of the mace and he tossed his calm eyes to the Kynmarcher. He nodded at his brethren and the Kynmarcher bowed and quickly stalked away to his post. The great black Daedra turned and leaned close to Elizabeth. His familiar rich voice hissed in her ear, "Bow."

Elizabeth's concentration was ripped from Dagon and she could feel her knees give way. She fell onto her knees and respectfully bowed with her hands spread out before her. Broga walked forward to the stand with a somber face. The Altmer closed her eyes tightly as she whispered prayers to her gods. Blood sweated from her brow as she prayed harder than she had ever before for her life depended on it.

Suddenly, the ground around her gave off a roar and the maiden flung up to see what the noise was about. From the courtroom floor, three jagged spikes rose from the marble and coiled around the girl. She gasped and grabbed her head; protecting herself. The spikes spun around and the barbs grew out soon creating a magnificent ebon cage. The maiden's crystal eyes opened and she glimpsed at the cage around her. Her eyes were shifty and her nerves were on the verge of breaking.

Broga bowed humbly and as he returned to his full height he grinned and looked up at his Master. "Lord Dagon, my liege... so you have said I have done. Here before you is the great scholar of Tamerial!"

Dagon lifted his hefty claws and soon entwined his fingers placing his hands under his chin. He growled for a second then leaned forward. "This... is the great scholar? She is just a naïve child!"

"Ah, yes!" Broga chuckled while stepping back a few steps. "Her knowledge of Tamerial surpasses her age, milord. It may be true that she is young; yet, no other scholar of Kvatch could even explain what she has to me. Go ahead, sir, and ask her anything."