8

The Kvatch camp was a dreary scene to see. Families wandered aimlessly around hoping that from the winding path upon the mountain their children and lovers would run down and greet them with wide arms. They feared that they were the only ones left. Heavy hearts loomed upon the cliffs of abyss and they saw no hope as they looked up to a darkened sky. A Redguard and his son sat inside a tent looking up to the sky by prodding the flap slightly open. The father's tired and sorrowful eyes grew even more hopeless as he feared that his wife was not going to be coming home.

There was a sound down the trail and a few people tossed their gaze to see a great white horse ride up into the camp. An armored man tilted back his mage's hood to look up onto the mountain where the great Kvatch used to stand but now lay in its own ruins. His eyes hardened and he quickly demounted the horse. The creature snorted and watched as he walked up to a local and called out, "Are you all that are left of Kvatch?"

The High Elf bowed her head and replied, "Yes, we are. There are; however, a few people within the chapel. The guards are up there trying to get them out. But it won't be long before they attack us again." Her voice... so bleak.

The Hero nodded and glanced up to the mountain once more. "The guards," said he, "how many are there?"

The High elf shook her head and replied, "I... I don't know... possibly three... maybe four."

He shook his head and walked back to his horse and mounted it. He clicked his heels into the creature's sides and he quickly rode up the mountain side. The High Elf watched him and yelled after him, "Fool! You're going to get yourself killed!"

The Hero narrowed his eyes and ignored her useless shouting. He was given a quest. Never had he turned from a quest and he wasn't going to start now.

Xilivicus wrapped his arm around Elizabeth as he walked her back to the tower. She still sniffled and wiped her pinked eyes as she attempted to push down the awful feeling she had. The Dremora glanced over to her and frowned, "... are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah," she sniffled, "I'll be fine."

His brow furrowed and he nodded soon walking her around a bend. When his eyes rose he suddenly stopped to see half a quadrant of Kynmarchers and Kynval standing near the portal. They wielded weapons and brandished great armor. A few turned to Xilivicus and called him out. The Dremora removed his arm from the girl and told her to stay put and not move. She nodded and watched him jog over to his superiors.

"What's going on?" Xilivicus questioned while glancing to the portal seeing a few mages smirk and chuckle as they summoned scamp after scamp.

A Kynval glanced over and nodded to the portal with his head. "We forgot to kill a few guards and now they're trying to fight back. They stand before Kvatch killing anything that we send out," he chuckled and smiled brightly with a mouth of jagged teeth, "Funny thing is, we're sending out summoned scamps. So we kill the guards... and lose no men whatsoever. It's great fun to watch them. They act like they're really fighting for Tamerial. What a shame they're fighting and dying to the lesser Daedra who are nothing compared to us, aye?"

Xilivicus nodded, "Aye."

A Kynmarcher chuckled and slapped a mage upon the back, "Let's confuse them... send out a Clannfear. They'll be scared to death! Probably piss their greaves when they see it!"

The mage chuckled, "Clannfear? Why not a Daedroth? That will really make them run in fear."

Another Kynval called out, "Why don't we just go out there? Imagine their faces when a whole army of Daedra walk out and just stand there watching them. They'd die at the sight of us!"