I Wanna Be More

Scarlett Meadows USA 1899

Ethan's Outfit

We've been down in this camp which is called Clemens Point for about three weeks now

We've been down in this camp which is called Clemens Point for about three weeks now. Everyone seems to love it and we're all thriving here. We're trying to put two rival families on edge so that we can find some old gold that is apparently kept by one of the families. Dutch and Arthur have become deputies for the sheriff of the Gray family and Hosea has been dealing with the other family by the name of the Braithwaite. Hell even I've been help the two kids of the families Beau Gray and Penelope Braithwaite in their love affair. It's like a real life Romeo and Juliet. Sadie and I are growing even closer too. We've become almost inseparable. We hunt and fish all the time and deal with the local scum the Lemoyne Raiders. They're the people who tried to ambush us when we first got here. I walked over to the tent where I saw Sadie sitting there playing with her knife.

Ethan: Having fun?

Sadie: No I'm bored outta my mind. Wanna go do something?

Ethan: Sure. But what we gonna do?

Sadie: I don't know...let's go camping.

Ethan: Camping? Sure.

Sadie: Alright let's go then.

We walked towards the horses and rode off. We decided to camp at a nice little spot at Dewberry Creek. We set up our tent and stared a fire.

Ethan: Well we should probably get something to eat first.

Sadie: Already thought about that. So I brought some venison.

Ethan: Well how very smart of you Mrs. Adler.

Sadie: Let's cook it then. I'm starving.

We began to cook the meat and soon enough it was done. We each took a piece of it and ate it. It was damn good. I looked over at Sadie and she was looking down in deep thought.

Ethan: You okay?

Sadie: Yeah just got a lot on my mind.

Ethan: Well we got plenty of time if you wanna talk about it.

Sadie: It's just...have you ever loved anyone?

Ethan: A long time ago and it didn't end well.

Sadie: What happened?

Ethan: She got cholera...and died shortly after.

Sadie: What was her name?

Ethan: Evelyn.

Sadie: You know I miss Jake with all my heart...but I can't help but think about moving on.

Ethan: Do you want to move on?

Sadie: I don't know. I feel like If I don't then I'll just drive myself insane.

Ethan: What do you mean?

Sadie: I mean that I need someone to hold on to and stop me from making mistakes.

Ethan: You know I'll always be here for you and I'll always be your best friend.

Sadie: Ethan...I want you to be more than my best friend.

My heart began to race and I got a lump in my throat. I couldn't believe it. This girl that I had fallen in love with over the last couple months was saying she wanted to be more than friends. It felt like a dream.

Ethan: Sadie...will you be my girl?

Sadie: Of course I'll be your girl.

She scooted closer to me and I put my arm around her. We looked at each other and then we leaned in and kissed each other. It was amazing her lips were soft and they felt like they were meant for mine. We then broke the kiss.

Sadie: That felt amazing.

Ethan: You're telling me.

Sadie: *Yawns* I'm tired. Lie down with me?

Ethan: Of course darling.

We went into the tent and lied down. We snuggled next to each other and fell asleep in each other's arms.

The Next Morning

I woke up to Sadie planting soft kisses on my chin. I redirected her lips to mine and planted a quick kiss on her.

Sadie: Mornin' sunshine. We should probably get going back to camp.

Ethan: Sure. I'll get us packed up.

I packed up the camp and Sadie put out the fire and untethered the horses. We hopped on our horses and rode back to camp. We arrived at camp and hitched our horses.

Ethan: So do you want to tell people we're together now or-

Before I could finish my sentence she kissed me and interlocked her fingers in mine. We walked into the camp and the first person to see us was Arthur. He instantly knew what was up and cracked a smile. The women instantly began to gossip and all the guys stared at us. We walked to our tent and sat down.

Ethan: So I guess we're the talk of the town.

Sadie: I guess we are. Abigail is gonna talk my ear off.

Ethan: You get off lucky then. The boy's gonna rib me every day for the rest of time.

Sadie: No doubt. But I wouldn't change a damn thing.

Ethan: Me neither darling.

We sat next to each other and and talked until night fall. Everything was alright now.

Authors Note

Ahhh so they're finally together!! I hoped you guys are enjoying the story!