Jack's Back

Bayou USA 1899

Sadie and I were just walking out of the house to get a bowl of stew when we saw Dutch, Arthur, and John riding into camp. I sighed a breath of relief as I saw Jack riding with John.

Bill: Hey they're back! I think I see Jack!

Everyone drew close to the incoming horses as we were all very eager to see Jack back safe.

Dutch: Abigail! Abigail! We got you your son everything-

John: We got him!

Jack: Momma!

John: He's fine.

Jack: I'm fine momma. They fed me good Italian food. You ever eat that?

Abigail then ran towards jack and embraced him.

Abigail: Come here you silly boy! You got him you got my son back. Dutch, Arthur thank you. I got my son back!

Everyone then went to Jack to check on him and talk to him. Dutch eventually decided that we should celebrate Jacks safe return and so we all gathered around the campfire and Sadie snuggled next to me as Javier began to sing a song.

Javier: Un par de ojitos negros, cielito lindo, de contrabando.

All: Ay, ay, ay, ay, canta y no llores!

The song went on for awhile longer and I got up from the campfire to get a couple beers for Sadie and I. As I approached the table where the beers were I saw Karen approaching me visibly drunk.

Karen: Heyyy Ethannn.

Ethan: Hello Karen.

Karen: Don't you look handsome tonight?

She then got closer to me and I started to get a bit uncomfortable. Karen and I had dated for a short time a couple of years back when she first joined the gang. It was great but it just wasn't working out so we decided to end the relationship but she had made it no secret that she still had feelings for me.

Ethan: I suppose I look the same as I always do.

Karen: Exactly. How about we go up to your room?

Ethan: That's probably not a good idea Karen.

Karen: And why is that?

Ethan: Because you're drunk and you know I'm dating Sadie.

Karen: Oh please she ain't the right woman for you. Only I know how to treat you right.

Karen then put her arms around my neck and tried to kiss me. I quickly stopped her and pulled back.

Ethan: Whoa! Karen stop. You're really drunk you should go-

Sadie: Hey!

I then looked over to see Sadie storming over I quickly got in front of her to stop her from doing anything. Sadie looked straight past me and looked right at Karen.

Sadie: You better back the hell off before I tear you apart!

Sadie growled and I could tell she was pissed. This was the most angry I'd ever seen her hopefully Karen leaves before this erupts.

Karen: Oh you think I'm scared of you? Trust me honey he's not gonna stay with you for long he'll come crawling back to me.

Ethan: Karen stop just go back to your tent and go to bed. Please.