The Proposal

Great Plains USA 1907

Sadie and I have been busy the last couple of months. We helped John build his new ranch which I've gotta say is shaping up really well. John has been doing a few bounties with us to help pay for the ranch. Sadie's been asking anywhere and everywhere she can to fin any information leading us to Micah and I think we're getting very close to him. I've also secretly bought a house for Sadie and I. It's a beautiful little house in West Elizabeth down from Little Creek River by the name of Shepherds Rise. Sadie and I were sitting in the Saloon in Blackwater eating breakfast like any other day but today was not just any other day. It was a special day. Today is the day I'm going to ask Sadie to marry me.

Ethan: So you find any more work?

Sadie: There's always work. Whole country's getting robbed, robbing, or stopping robbers. Seems like there ain't much else in this world except bastards, victims of bastards, the bastards who wanna put that bastards in the ground.

Ethan: And which are we exactly?

Sadie: In our time all three but the good thing about bounty hunting is we might get the chance to be all three again.

Ethan:*Chuckles* I guess. Take a ride with me?

Sadie: Sure. Where we headed?

Ethan: Towards Little Creek River. Just mount up and follow me.

Sadie: You're acting kinda funny. You hiding something from me?

Ethan: Maybe. Let's just ride.

Sadie: You're actin' real strange.

We then mounted our horses and began to ride towards the house.

Sadie: So you gonna tell me what you got goin' on?

Ethan: Alright. I've bought us a house. Shepherds Rise, down from Little Creek River.

Sadie: You did not...

Ethan: Yup I did. It's really nice. I really hope you like it.

Sadie: I'll believe it when I see it.

It wouldn't be much longer until she did see it. We rode a little bit further until we arrived at the house. We got off our horses and approached it. Sadie looked in absolute awe and amazement.

 Sadie looked in absolute awe and amazement

Ethan: What do you think?

Sadie: Baby I...I love it. It's perfect.

Ethan: It's all yours.

Sadie: No. it's ours.

Ethan: Sure. There's one other thing.

Sadie: What is it?

I then reached into my satchel and pulled out a ring. It was Arthur's ring. I figured he would've wanted me to give it to Sadie. I got down on one knee and held the ring out.

Sadie: What are you doin'?

Here goes nothing.

Ethan: Sadie. These last eight years that we've spent together have been the best years of my life and I want to be with you forever. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?

Sadie*Tearing up* I thought you'd never ask. Of course I'll marry you Ethan.

I then placed the ring on her finger and she immediately hugged and kissed me.

Ethan: I love you Sadie.

Sadie: I love you. Can we go inside?

Ethan: Of course. After you my lady.

She then entered the house first. It was of course still empty but the place was nice. It had three rooms and a large open area.

Ethan: So you like this place?

Sadie: No baby I don't like it. I love it. It's perfect for us.

Ethan: I'm glad. How about we break it in?

Sadie: What do you mean?

I walked over to her and began to kiss her. We then fell to the floor and began to undress. I was the happiest man on earth.

Ethan: I love you Sadie.

Sadie: I love you Ethan.

Authors Note

Hey guys! Short chapter I know but the next one's gonna be a long one. But they're finally gonna get married!