Don't Scare me

Bayou USA 1899

I arrived back at camp and everyone seemed pretty shaken up. People were packing up quickly and frantically. I hopped off my horse and walked into camp. Abigail was the first to see me and came rushing to me. I was happy to see that she was okay. She hugged me and I hugged her back.

Abigail: Ethan! Where are the others? Is John okay?

Ethan: They got on a boat it was the only way outta there and I'm afraid John was arrested.

Abigail: Arrested?! What are we gonna do? We gotta go get him!

Ethan: Not yet. We gotta get everyone outta here first. Where's Sadie?

Abigail: I don't know I've been worried sick! I told her about everything and how Hosea died and she panicked and assumed the worse. She went out with a gun and said she wasn't coming back. I'm worried she's gonna kill herself Ethan!

Ethan: What?! Which way did she go?!

Abigail: Towards Rhodes I believe.

Ethan: I'm gonna go get her. You make sure everyone is packed up and ready to leave!

I sprinted towards my horse and got on. I rushed towards Rhodes with tears in my eyes. I couldn't lose her. Not now. I prayed that she wasn't going to kill herself. Eventually I made it into Rhodes where I saw Hera hitched outside the saloon. I walked into the saloon to look for her. No sign. I walked up to the bartender to see if he'd seen her.

Ethan: Hey partner have you seen a crazy blonde lady come in by any chance?

Bartender: Oh yes. She was talking about running in front of an oncoming train or something crazy like that she seemed pretty upset.

I immediately ran out of the bar and to the train station. I saw a train coming and went out to the tracks where I saw Sadie standing right in the middle crying.

Ethan: Sadie!

I then ran and tackled her off the train tracks just barely missing the train. I then helped her up off the ground.

Sadie: What the hell?...Ethan?!

She then hugged me tighter then ever and gave me a deep kiss.

Ethan: What were you thinking trying to kill yourself?!

Sadie: Well when Abigail told me what happened I thought everyone died including you and if you were dead I didn't wanna live without you.

Ethan: Please don't ever scare me like that again Sadie. I don't know what I would do if I lost you.

Sadie: I'm so sorry.

She then started sobbing into my chest and I held her right for a few moments.

Ethan: It's alright baby girl. We should get on back to camp we gotta move quick.

Sadie: Okay. Let's go then.

We then walked towards our horses. We mounted them and headed back to Shady Belle.

Sadie: So what happened? I heard about Hosea.

Ethan: Yeah..that still don't feel real. They got Lenny too and John was arrested.

Sadie: What a goddamn mess.

Ethan: I know. The others had to escape on a boat to god knows where. It was the only way outta there. I was only able to make it back because I had to distract the Pinkertons so they could get away.

Sadie: Well I'm glad you did.

Ethan: Me too or else you'd be dead.

We rode on and eventually made it back to camp where everyone was all packed up and ready to leave.

Ethan: Okay guys lets go! I know a place we can hide out!

I led the group to an abandoned settlement deep in the Bayou called Lakay. We arrived and began to set up camp. Everyone was unpacked pretty quickly and we all settled in and went to bed. Things were gonna be tough here. Hopefully those boys are back soon. Sadie and I slept on a bed in one of the shacks.

Ethan: I hope those boys make it back alright.

Sadie: Me too. Where were they going?

Ethan: No clue. I'm sorry about all of this baby.

Sadie: It's okay. At least we still have each other. Those boys will be back but until then we'll keep everyone safe.

Ethan: Of course. I love you.

Sadie: I love you too. Now let's rest you need it.

Ethan: Sure.

We kissed goodnight and fell asleep. What. A. Mess.