prologue

The morning mist off  rolled from the highland mountains. The huge man stood tall in front off a window watching nature playing. His hands folded behind his back. He never turned towards the smaller man behind him as he spoke. His voice never betraying the turmoil inside him.
"You asked me once Ewan,"Who is Dagues Duncan Killian and what does he desire? Do you remember. My answer was simple. From a simple man. I told you I wanted your heart and you will have mine." He paused and took a huge breath. Eyes never blinking as he gazed towards the mountains. Almost as if he was drawing strength from the highlands to continued. He blocked out the cries from behind him. The begging.

"You told me to court you on the battlefield. Show my worth. And I did I courted my beautiful red head Scottish Shield maiden. Lord I thought I succeeded in showing you I love you and that I'm a man worth loving. Instead I bedded the enemy. You humiliated me. I gave you what no man nor woman ever had my heart and you shredded it. I gave you my gentle side. But my heart will heal as all my wounds does"

He suddenly turned from the window. Looked at the red head boy crying. His voice dropped dangerously soft. "You were always blessed never to see who I am. Only the child in your belly saves you and your family. I want you gone Ewan. Go find yourself that good husband worthy off you. I do not want to know the child but you and your family should treasure it for its only by his life you are speared."

Dagues kneeled in front off the boy."Did you ever wondered why they call me The black Dagger. I'm more dangerous than the King. I murder before you can blink." He stood up and walked to the door. "As long as you were mine you and your family had my sword and protection. From this point on you no longer under Chief Killian's banner."

"Nay! Nay!" Ewan screamed trying to grab hold off Dagues  arm as he left the study. He ran up and after him only to be found blocked by Killian warriors. He couldn't fight he knew. Even though he was a warrior himself he was indeed only a shield maiden compare to these warriors and he was pregnant. So he opted for the only thing he had left his voice.
"Please Dagues! Forgive me! Forgive me! Please!" He screamed his lungs out all to no avail. Dagues was not going to forgive him.

Ever!