Chapter 10

Dagues and Ewan

Dagues changed towards him. It was almost as if he was a different man. More human soft and civilize. Dagues have slept in their room for the past two weeks but on the floor. He made sure a warm bath was drawn for him daily. They had their meals together all but breakfast. That's when Dagues usually trains. The servants spoke to him some words. Erin and Jamie who turns out to be brother and sister were kept away from him. It was pure torture. He knew that this was Dagues's guilt in play. That man had a good heart but one Ewan was not so sure was his anymore. When Dagues said  that they were family something snapped in him. He knew he was never going to get back into Dagues's inner circle. Ewan knew his backbone should be stronger than this but he also knew without a doubt that he had destroyed everything between them. The most significant thing that remained of Dagues's behaviour was that he, Ewan was still not allowed to wear Killian colours. He knew very well why he was not allowed to. It still pained him.

One thing he knew he had to stop being selfish and stop taking from Dagues. Ewan inhaled a deep breath and opened the door to the servants rooms. They all stood shocked to see him. He had free reign of the castle now but had yet to venture amongst them. Today was his first, "I need someone willing to help me. I will however not force anyone to do so." he stated as to why he was there. A young brunette stepped forward. "I will my lairds wife " she offered with respect. "What is your name" he asked her. "Mary my lady" she replied. Ewan kind off like the girl. "come with me Mary" he said and left for her to follow. They reached Dagues's bedchamber and Ewan showed her to enter. "This is what I need without you questioning me." he said. "Aye my lady" she answered him. Ewan really liked this girl. "I want all my personal property to be moved to the room next to Duncan's. I done airing and cleaning it so all I need is clean bedding please" he explained. "Aye my lady." the girl said and immediately started the task at hand.

They were done by dinner time. Ewan washed himself off and went down to eat. Feeling satisfied enough that he was far away from Dagues and his family now to stop being a thorn in their sides. Dinner was over quick with the normal uncomfortable silence. He made his way up the stairs and turned to the other passage up again to where he and Duncan's home was now. He looked in on his son who was fast asleep. He could get in a couple of hours sleep before Duncan woke up for a feed if he was lucky Duncan would sleep through the night. Ewan made his way to his room and fell on the bed without undressing. Sleeping the minute his head hit the pillow.

Dagues wanted to leave his work until tomorrow. He was tired of the brutal training he puts himself through daily just to be able to sleep at night and not think about touching Ewan. He slowly made his way to their bedroom.

Ewan was rudely awakened when Dagues burst into the room. "What the hell are you doing in here?" his voice yelled. "Calm down Dagues and lower your voice please. Duncan is sleeping" he said as he struggled himself out off sleep and bed. He looked at Dagues in the brightly lit room. The moonlight and candles providing much light. Ewan saw so much strength in those corded muscles under his skin. He imagined those powerful arms gathering around him. It made his pulse beat wickedly at the thought. The fire building in the pit of his belly. One look into Dagues eyes made him rethink himself. Dagues was angry at him. "Answer me Ewan" he gritted out. Ewan took a few minutes to answer him. Gathering his own thoughts. "Well Dagues I came to the conclusion that you are right." He said softly. "Aye I'm always right.....Nay! wait right about what?" he asked a bit confused. "Right that I always take from you without regard to your needs and feelings. And I never give." Ewan replied. "Aye! and again you take. This time another room in my house without asking. After if memory serves me right you refused to sleep separately from me. What the fuck happened now?" Dagues voice boomed in the room. "Nay! Dagues its not like that. I want you to be happy and live your life the way you want. I love and I know you don't believe me with good reason. So go ...go bed that other man or women you want. Bed ten twenty if you want just as long as you find happiness with one. I don't have a claim on you but I cannot let you go legally. But you not happy with me and you deserve every happiness in life you an find. I'm cutting you lose Dagues." Ewan said painfully.

"You telling me you won't mind if I whored around. Breaking our vows." Dagues asked. His treacherous heart fluttering in his chest. He was worried when he couldn't find Ewan or his things. He thought Ewan had left than livid when he found that Ewan just moved out of their bedroom. Now he gets permission to whore. Be unfaithful to his wife. "Explain please Ewan." Dammit Ewan just know how to take the wind out off his sails. He was half afraid of the answer. "You said it Dagues I'm not family. I'm not part of your life here. So go please. I have accepted that I have no place in your life. And that is my own fault. My own doing. I have lost your heart. Aye. But you can still love, learn to trust again. You a good man Dagues Killian. I just did not see in so well nor in time." Ewan said.

Dagues heart was thundering. He feared this conversation more than he feared battle. "And you Ewan, what of your needs? Will there be someone to take care off your needs?" he clenched his jaw."Whatever needs I have Dagues are no longer your problem. I have to wait however a couple of weeks to see if I'm not carrying another child. But maybe one day I'll meet a man that will take are off my needs or find comfort in his arms. But he will never be able to hold my heart. That will always belong to you but not my body anymore Dagues" He said softly. "Alright conversation over but not over" he could hear his own voice thundering in the room. He bend down and hoisted Ewan on his shoulder.

Ewan screamed and yelled to be let down. He struggled and fought against his hold but Dagues had his own battle he fought. His throat constricted. His heart tearing out off his chest. Ewan his Ewan in another mans arms. NEVER! It will never happen only over his dead cold lifeless body. Another man breeding his Ewan. Giving him his seed. That will not fucking happen. Ewan was his. He did not stopped his determined strides until he reached their bedroom and dropped Ewan on their bed. "This here is where you will sleep with me. Tomorrow is another day Ewan. I am tired so go to sleep." His voice held no room for argument nor the expression on his face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading voting and your comments. I am sorry for any grammar and spelling errors. Hope you enjoy it.