Chapter 6

Ewan Brendon Killian

Wake up! wake up!"Ewan was rudely awakened when someone burst into the room. "Before he returns and find you still asleep." Ewan raised his head to find that Dagues was indeed gone. Then he looked at the stern hard face man with a look off contempt in his eyes standing at the bed. He wondered what the old man would do if he attacked him. Probably run to Dagues screaming."Be quick boy. Wash and dress yourself in anything accept the Killian colours. Dagues don't want them on your person again." the old basterd continued. Ewan gave him a dirty look but decided not to give in to the man's insults. He got up and wrapped the sheet around his naked body. There was a wash basin filled with warm water already for him. He looked at the old man again and only noticing then that he had one leg the other a stump with wooden support. "A long story lad one you not going to hear anytime soon."

"Do you mind if I can get some privacy" Ewan asked. The old man limped to the door. "Make haste boy. We don't have all day waiting for you" he said and left. Ewan relieved himself off his morning duties and washed himself. He got dress in a black cotton pants and white shirt. He opened the bedroom door and to his utter surprise the old man was waiting for him. He motioned for Ewan to follow. They passed the stairs and went to the lower floor and walked down the hall. The old man opened a door on the other side of the hall leading into a room. Ewan saw as he entered the room that it was a sewing room. "This is where you will work. All sewing and kilts to be mended will be brought to you." he told Ewan. "Oh I will be making Dagues's clothes and his kilts" Ewan felt butterflies flutter in his stomach. The thought off doing that for Dagues exited him. "Nay you will be doing his and the entire clans. That should keep you busy enough and out off Dagues's hair." the old man said. Ewan felt disappointment hit him like an axe.

He would have loved to attend only to his husbands clothing instead off the entire clans. "Dagues have left for training but he was most adamant that you should remain in this room until he's done. Breakfast will be send to you as well as your other meals. There's a privy room to use when nature needs it. I have a lot to do so I cannot stay and watch over you boy. Behave." he said and left Ewan alone in the room. Ewan saw a book on the smaller table in the room and picked it up. He grimaced as he saw it was a order book with several names and sizes in it for shirts.

He found several large pieces off black leather he can use to make himself some pants. Aye he's not only equipped with a sword but as a carrier he was thought all the task off being a wife to his husband. He was not as Dagues put it useless. "Oh Ewan you are a fool." he spoke to himself but he refuse to cry. He done enough of that already. He would work. With his resolve firmly in place Ewan started his daily task set for him. His mind kept going back to the man he loved and still do. He was ruthless in his pursuit to trap Dagues. He learned all about him. Knew that Dagues did not like weak partners. So he made sure Dagues saw him. He fought like a seasoned shield maiden. He thwarted Dagues advances towards him. He was down right rude towards the warrior if he tried to shield him during a fight. Until one night when he was livid with the Killian Chief. It was during a fight with the English and he had to admit he was in a bit off a tight spot. The English brute was huge. But Dagues swung that heavy arm off his across his chest bended him backwards and ran his own sword into the brutes chest. That night covered in blood he stormed Dagues's tent and attacked him. All the while screaming bullshit at him until Dagues silent him with a fierce kiss. That was the night he lost his virginity to Dagues. Perhaps his heart as well but he was just to stubborn to admit it.

Dagues had no part in the deception his family played yet somehow Ewan thought that it was up to him to make the Killian's pay for what was done to them. The loud banging and sounds from the lower floor startled him. Dagues must've returned from training. His heart jumped in his throat when he heard someone one coming down the hall to the sewing room. His first thought was Dagues. But disappointment hit him hard when it was the young girl who brought him his morning meal and Duncan. She walked in with a large tray filled with food. "What is your name?" Ewan asked her. The girl ignored him and went about setting his meal on the table. She was a beautiful person. Long blond hair and the same height and curves as him with large breast. "What name do you go by?" he asked again. She had an annoyed look on her. "My name is Erin." she replied none the less. "Well Erin is there a reason why you so extremely rude?" Ewan asked again trying to push her buttons. The girl placed her hands on her hips. "You do know my lady that nobody in this castle likes you. If you were not so stupid I'd say you are very blessed. Why? because you have managed to capture his heart" the girl said with a distasteful curl on her lips "yet you have also manage to throw it away." she applauded him and bow. "Well this just gives all off us a chance to get him back into our beds. You do know our Chief is a animal like that." she thwarted before she left him cackling like a damn hen.

Ewan was livid with anger. That bitch nor any other bitch will get his Dagues. If the castle whore's wanted to declare war on him than so be it. They were very much mistaken if they think he was just going to roll over and let them compete for his husband. Startled by the noise behind him he turned and met Dagues's gaze. Silence filled the space momentarily between them. "They will not have you" he gritted out still holding Dagues's eyes. Dagues gave a sarcastic laugh but he found no humor in his eyes. "What you going to do Ewan if I take a whore or two to my bed. Will you declare war dear wife" he asked. Ewan tilted his head. "I'm but a mere carrier dear husband. How would little old me declare war. I'm harmless." Ewan answered him. "Other may believe that but remember I fought in battles with you.........but believe this Ewan. I will be protecting my back when it comes to dealing with you. Duncan will be brought for his feeding." Dagues examined him from head to toe. Ewan thought he saw his lips twitched into a smile before Dagues left.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you for reading. Vote and comment. Sorry for any spelling and grammar errors.