Chapter 9

Duncan Dagues Rory Killian

He haven't seen Dagues for over a week. Since that night. His face was still a little tender with angry purple and brown colours marking his face. The swelling on his lip and eyes thankfully went down. He still remember the stiffness his body had after his altercation with Dagues. The man had unbelievable strength. Now a normal person would be angry or disgusted at what happened but not him. He was trilled. Dagues still loved him. That he knew now. His man was still his at heart. What did angered him was where the fuck was Dagues sleeping this past week and with who.

Today he was going to get the damn truth and to hell with sewing. He watched as Duncan's eyes dropped into sleep. He pulled his son off his nipple and placed him down in his crib. Quietly he made his way out off the door and bumped into Jamie. his ever so present watch dog this past week. "Look here bitch I know this castle and the only reason I do not wander it was because I was forbidden. But not today!" he shoved Jamie out of his way in search of Dagues. The only way he figured to get attention was to yell at the top of his very lungs,"DAGUES! DAGUES! he yelled from room to room. Servants stopped whatever they were doing to gawk at him. Nearing Dagues's study him still yelling the door flew open. And low and behold the little blonde slut Erin came out followed by Dagues. "Are you mad Ewan Brendon. Why are you yelling down the castle walls Do you not are for your sons ears." she asked in her sweet voice. "Very good question Erin , one I was about to ask myself" Dagues said next to her,

That did it for Ewan. With a smile he lunched at her. A shocked scream echoed through the castle as Ewan grabbed her by the hair and slammed her face with his head. Both Dagues and Jamie jumped into action trying to get him of the girl. Ewan landed a kick in between her legs before he pulled at her breast. Not satisfied hands and legs kicking in the air as Dagues had a firm grip on his waist. Erin was in Jamie's arm bleeding and crying, Jamie look at him with murderous eyes. Cutlet came limping down the hall cursing and swinging his cane. "For the love off God , Ewan calm down" Dagues roared in his ear. Ewan took a huge calming breath. "Explain your damn self." Dagues grunted out. "Explain myself. That girl had nothing but rudeness towards me. Her and the old man. Yet you say nothing towards them." He screeched at Dagues. "They my family. What am I suppose to say" Dagues answered him.

Ewan felt the fight left his sails. Pain searing his heart. Piercing it to the dept. "Your family" he whispered. He loosened himself from Dagues's grip. Kneeled in front off Erin folded his hands together. Almost in a prayer. "Forgive me your highness for daring to touch a member of the Killian family.....But know this next I will publicly issue you a challenge." he said bitterness filled his sweet voice. He got up and left them.

Dagues swallowed the lump in his throat. He did not mean it the way it came out. Seeing Ewan bending his knees in front off someone other than a warrior pained him. It was utter humiliation for Ewan. "You need to control your wife. Look at what he'd done to my Erin" Cutler said angrily. Dagues gritted his teeth "You need to control your granddaughter Cutler. She's not the lady of the castle. She still a servant in my Keep. And you better behave Erin. Ewan is a shield maiden ,one off the best " he said harshly. Both Erin and her brother Jamie gasped at his words. Dagues retreated back to his study. His hands shook like a drunk after a heavy night of drinking. His first instinct was to run to Ewan and hold him but his second was good now he knows what humiliation felt like. He remembered that night so well its haunts him in his dreams.

It was the night the banners was to be raised and their wedding announcement right here at the castle. Ewan was dressed in Killian colours. Ewan descended the stairs like a highborn. He looked beautiful. The smile Ewan gave him ws dazzling. He remembered he whispered in his ears softly words of love. Ewan smiled at him asked loudly "Do you love me Dagues? he answered him so all heard "Aye." Ewan took out a piece off paper "read for me Chief Killian so all can hear you declare your love." Dagues thought  he was being playful with him until he saw Ewan's intent in his eyes. Ewan gave him a taunting smile and he steeled himself for what he was about to say. "You know vera well I canno read nor write Ewan" his own voice sounded foreign to him. Ewan gave a satisfying laugh. "Aye the mighty Chief Killian cannot even write his own name or read it. Tell me what made you think you'd be ever good enough for me. ....Tell us Dagues do you know in which hand to hold the fork. How do you count the clans money or property. Confess to your council that I was more privy than them, I read the Kings messages for you. Things your own clansmen didn't see......... Your next question will be why. Stupid barbarian. So predictable.... I want you to feel the pain and humiliation my family felt. I wanted to make sure you Killian's pay and got back what belonged to us." The pain that shot threw his heart was intolerable. "I never loved you."was the last words he heard from Ewan that night.

The room had whispers and snickering laughter. He left his own castle that night. He returned after two weeks to find Ewan still here asking for forgiveness. What was there to forgive? Nothing! Ewan words were true. He left again that very day. Exiled himself for months and spread rumors of a  marriage. Alasdaire picked up the pieces here at home for him. Taking on in his stead. When he returned his son was already born. Alasdaire gave him a safe haven for a while and no one knew until Ewan showed up demanding marriage.

As much as he hates to admit it to himself he still loved Ewan and every day with Ewan that love grows stronger. But he can never trust Ewan with his heart again, nor trust him with anything ever. What kind of marriage did Ewan commit to them. One without trust. Nevertheless it does not give anyone in this castle the right to humiliate him. Things have to change and change have to come from him first. Perhaps they can reach a common ground to be at least civil to each other.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Vote and comment. Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoy. Sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes. I DO NOT AGREE WITH VIOLENCE IN A RELATIONSHIP OR MARRIAGE. I USE IT BECAUSE IT GOES WITH MY STORY. I AM SORRY IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS AFFECTED BY ANY KIND OFF ABUSE.