Chapter 7

Dagues's weapons

Lord knows Ewan makes his blood boil. He had to step away from him when their little confrontation ended this afternoon. He might not be Ewan's fool anymore believing that the little shit can be trusted. That still doesn't mean he don't affect him. Today he trained as if his old friend Satan himself was sparring with him. Poor young Jamie did not know whether he'd live or die today. "Did he behave?" Dagues asked the old man while he wrapped a drying cloth around his body.

 "Aye" Cutler answered him. He owned his Chief a lot in his life including saving his and his grand children's lives. While he was bleeding himself to death his son and daughter laid in their burning home slaughtered by the English. It was a young Dagues who fought his way to him. Saving them all. Even twelve years ago Dagues Killian was a man to be reconned with. Is it a wonder than that he fell for feisty red head shield maiden. The man never did things the easy way.

 "Where is he now?" Dagues asked. "He finish his work for the day ate and went to get himself a bath." Dagues cocked his brow. "He went to get himself a bath?" he asked amused. "Well you did forbade us to help him with anything unless its absolute necessary" Cutler answered him. Dagues smiled at the old man. "Do you believe in love my old friend?" Dagues asked. Masking his feeling with his smile. "Aye I believe in love. I also believe we all make mistakes ....some bigger than others. I believe each off us have a soulmate and in one point or another we hurt them. But I do believe we learn from our mistakes. We forgive." He answered his Chief. "What if that mistake was intentional. What then?" Asked Dagues. "Then don't make forgiveness easy " Cutler said. Dagues went over to the window arms behind his back. Cutler took it as a sign to remove the bath and leaving his Lord alone. He beckoned two burly men to take the bath. "Good night my Lord." Dagues nodded absently. His mind occupied with Ewan.

He was ripped from his thoughts when the chamber door banged open and shut. He turned abruptly and met Ewan's angry face. "Whatever it is that vexing you now I would rather not have the discussion." he told Ewan. "Dagues you have been avoiding me the entire day. So when exactly will I have a discussion with you?" Dagues rubbed his for head tiredly. "Ewan please tomorrow is another day. Let us deal with your compliant then." He saw the familiar pinch of Ewan lips when he was at odds."Do you know how my day went. Let see. I was awake by a rude old man. Ordered to wash and not wear your family colours. Than taken to the sewing room to work. Got fed  by a very rude whore. Duncan was brought to me to eat and play. As per your order because apparently he refused to eat from the wet nurse you ordered. I know what I did was despicable to you but what gave you the right to give my son to another woman to feed." Dagues took two long strides and stood in front of Ewan. He gripped Ewan's upper arm. "The fucking right to make sure my son does not turn out to be like his mother."

"Do you think I will let you exile me from Duncan" Ewan gritted out. "LET ME!....You think you in a position to make demands on me. You will do nothing but bow your head and do as I say Ewan. And take care when you select your words to address me." Dagues said and gripped Ewan's chin in his hand tightly. He could see on Ewan's face that it was painful. Ewan ripped his head away from him. "You will not make me stranger to my son Dagues" Ewan said. "You held my entire family responsible for your families pain. So I will return the favour. I will hold your father and brothers responsible for your good behavior. Disobey me and they will suffer." Dagues warned. The room felt silent for a few moment right before the hard crack off the slap fell. Dagues's head snapped back. He turned his eyes back on Ewan and licked the blood from his lip where his  teeth had cut him. In a split second his huge hand wrapped around Ewan's throat. He squeezed tightly. Seeing Ewan gasped for breath while trying to remove his hand. He released him as suddenly as he took hold off him making him stumble back against the wall.

But Dagues did not feel done. He backhanded Ewan hard across his face. Blood dripped from his nose and mouth. Dagues grabbed him by the hair and dragged him towards the bed. He teared off Ewan's gown and sleeping dress. Threw him on the bed naked. Ripped off his own towel and covered Ewan's body with his own larger one. Anger and frustration boiled over in him. The fact that Ewan thinks and behaves like he wronged him every time he speaks or do something. That he can control him on his every whim. He is done being Ewan's bitch. He is tired of the burning pain that scorches his heart every day since Ewan betrayed him. He wishes every day that the fire that burns within him for Ewan can die out. The flames off passion for Ewan swallows him whole every time he looks at him. He hates it that his heart calls out to Ewan everyday. Yet he's too weak to do anything about it.

He asked the nuns to teach him how to read and write at the monastery in the months off his self imposed exile. He thought Ewan would love him better. He cut off his hair and broke his birth bottle's seal. It was an old highland tradition to have a birth bottle put away in a chest the day off your birth to grieve one day for a loved one lost. But it was all for nothing.

This blaze off fire called Ewan will engulf him alive. "Aye Dagues , mighty highland Chief that I am will just sit back and burn in the highland fire called Ewan" he thought as he gripped both Ewan's hands in his one above his head.

"I warned you" he whispered in Ewan's ear right before he lowered his head and captured his bleeding lips in a fierce and hungry kiss.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vote comment. Sorry for any spelling and grammar errors.

Thank you hope you enjoy.