Chapter 4

Brendon manor

Dagues leaned against the wall. Dammit to have Ewan still affect him like this was crazy. He couldn't ...he couldn't fuck him face to face he didn't want to see the lies in his eyes off love. He wiped himself with the his kilt. Leaning against the wall he remembered the moment of Ewan's surrender. He felt his resistance melt away and his body softened under his. Consummating the marriage was no chore and had brought both of them pleasure so why did Ewan weight so heavy on his mind. He didn't love him anymore. Shaking it off Dagues nodded to the guards posted at the door."What is your name" he asked the young girl tasked on helping Ewan." "Lara sir" she said." "Make sure he's ready to travel as soon as possible" he left them to execute his orders. Making his way to Alasdaire's study.

"You will have to say goodbye to Shannon for me. I must make haste to secure the Brendon's." He said whiskey in hand. "So you know why he's here" asked Alasdaire. "Figured it out when he requested marriage" Dagues answered and took a swing at his glass. "Aye well if you were in trouble like their are ....who better to protect you then your bastards father" Alasdaire said amused. "Aye who better than the unworthy uneducated fool" Dagues answered bitter. "You are far from unworthy Dagues. Half off Scotland's freedom were won because of you. And as far as education goes it seems my friend you've been keeping secrets." Alasdaire said. Silence fell on them. Dagues swallowed the rest if the amber liquor in his glass. The two men exchanged a look. Both reaching out their arms and locked them in a warriors embrace. "Gods speed my brother" Alasdaire said. Dagues nodded. He needed be on his way. The papers he collected firmly secured in a leather bag under his kilt.

He met Ewan and his escorts at the stables. Mounting his pitch black stallion he offer no help to Ewan. He watched out of the corner off his eye as Ewan limped to his horse. "Good" he thought "his ass is on fire. What better way to ride" He spurred on his horse and gave a loud whistle. He saw the surprise on Ewan's face as the Killian warriors formed a line. All armed for battle. Dagues started of with a brutal pace not intending to stop until they have reached Brendon manor. With a brisk pace they will reach the manor in three or four days but this way they'd cut their journey by a day or two. He kept glazing at Ewan seeing him wince in pain. He refused to show any mercy or concern. Ewan had plummet his soul back into that dark lonely place call hell. He had no doubt the little bitch will pay him back one way or another. A shadow came over his eyes a cynical smile twisted his lips."Aye he have a feeling he'd always be at Ewan's back and call" he thought grimly.

A few days later their journey was over. They only stopped to eat and water the horses. Brendon manor loomed in front off them. Smoke coming from the chimney's. A few armed men and some dogs were on the ground. "State your business" one asked Dagues as he came to stop"Fuck off" Dagues replied. The man felt valiant as he drew his sword on him. Dagues's axe already drawn to strike."Stop" Ewan's voice rang out. "Please this is Dagues Killian he's here to help" The man retreated slowly upon hearing the name. He was not raised stupid. You only draw your sword against Dagues Killian if you aim to die. Dagues dismounted and let his men straight into the manor's front door. Ewan followed at a slow walk clearly in some discomfort. "We are prepared to die defending ourselves. Dagues heard the voice behind some barracks erected. His warriors snickered. Aye couple off tables and chairs will protect you. "Damn fool! Ewan speak to your family" he commanded briskly. "Father" Ewan called out. His father Dougall and both his brother's Cory and Shamus came from the makeshift barracks. Ewan's mother Rory limp with a cane behind a dagger in hand. "Killian you came " Dougall Brendon spoke first. "Aye well I had no choice in the matter your little bitch demanded death or marriage. Never knew a man who paid so dearly as I just for sticking my cock in a hole" Dagues well aimed insult hit home. Ewan was red hot as a fire."Enough Dagues " he cried out. "First rule of this marriage Ewan ......you don't tell me what to do" Dagues shot back.

"Donald take a few men and secure the back. Jamie at the front" his men executed his orders without question. Four astonished faces looked at Dagues and Ewan. "Now there will be no bloodshed here today. What I order.... you do. The McCurdy's falls under Killian rule. I'm their Chief and I refuse to spill clan blood" Dagues spoke directly to the head of the family. Ewan's mother however choose to answer. "Those bastards have been terrorising us for months. Destroyed ,injured and kill to get into this house. Its only by God's grace we still have not been breached. The house your son sleeps in and you say you'll protect them" he wailed. Dagues face betrayed no emotion. "Listen and listen well bitch. I can take my son ,my men and leave you to the McCurdy's. Or I speak to my clan without harming them. Do not for one minute think your whoreson have my ring and name that you got power here. You don't! No Killian nor clan have dept to the Brendon's." Ewan's mother gasped at the harsh words. His brother's ready to defend their mother's honor when the horn blew outside signalling riders and attack.

"Ewan go upstairs and pack. You and Duncan will be coming to Killian castle. The rest of you stay inside" he ordered as his big strides took him outside. Dagues waited with Jamie for the McCurdy's to reach them. Garrick McCurdy head of the McCurdy's dismounted his horse with his four son's flanking him on both side. "Chief Killian to what do we own the honor" he greeted. "Garrick you old fart take a walk with me. In the meantime signal your men not to attack." The old men told his boys to stand down for a few. "Spill why the Brendon's. Why you raiding them" he asked the old man. The old man huffed. "You kin as well as I do those mountain are ice at night. During winter its pure murder. Now I admit they've been trading for generations but the sons got greedy. Son's off bitches up their coin on the fur and essentials our women needs. While we've always been fare Dagues. We provided them with livestock and our harvest. What good Scott wouldn't raid for the richest that's here instead of being strangled for it" the old man's words rang truth to it. "So what do I offer you to leave them unharmed Garrick." Dagues asked. "Are you in a position to agree" replied the older one."Aye I'm the head of this family now " Dagues grinned. The older man caught on quickly. He returned Dagues's grin and nodded.

Side by side talking the two men reentered the Brendon's manor. Dougall Brendon and his family stood nervously waiting to hear their faith. Dagues turned to Ewan "Have I not told you to pack" he asked. "I want to know what going to happen to my family" Ewan answered softly. "Its no concern of yours Ewan. Go get my son and pack. I will not ask twice." Dagues felt his patience drifting. He signaled Jamie to help Ewan along. "Now with the runt gone. Does he even know why the McCurdy's are at your doorstep" he asked looking at Dougall Brendon. "It was our supply we had the right to up on the price" he defended themselves. "Aye I agree but did you gave my clan warning. Aye I can see you dinna. Well here's how its going to be. You will give the McCurdy's fifty furs for the winter. Fifty will be send to my castle. The other supplies all what they ordered for free. In return the McCurdy's will sees the raid" Dagues demanded. "What nay! We would suffer a loss in our supplies" Cory Brendon objected. "Aye but if you don't I'll take Duncan and leave you all to be slaughtered. Including your treacherous red hair bitch called my wife. What you say?" Dagues was in no mood to hackle. His castle was calling him home for the winter.

The Brendon's exchanged looks. Dougall Brendon spoke first. "We agree if they sees their attacks. We shall sit next spring and renegotiate the price" Dagues looked at Garrick McCurdy. The old man agreed to the trade.
"Agreed then. In the meantime we all will return to our homes. I will however sit in on the meeting come spring."

It was a clear warning to the Brendon's that Dagues held no respect or love for them. Rory Brendon prayed for his last born. Knowing that Dagues Killian will make him count his years. And count well he will.

Thank you. Sorry for any errors. Pls vote and comment.