Chapter 2

Dougall Brendon

He felt him before he saw him entering the gates. Dagues stood at the top off McKinnon towers. He saw Ewan riding threw the castle gates and stopped at the guards. He watched him making his way to the Inn. He wondered what the fuck the little bitch wanted now from him. He knew about their troubles with the McCurdy's. But he refuse to help. His faith and that off his family is off their own doing.

He heard a loud snort behind him."Why are you not at your wife's side playing with your children" he asked annoyed. He knew exactly who was at his back and for that reason alone he did not drew his blade. "I thank you for your concern my good friend but my wife is sleeping and my children not yet able to play" Alasdaire answered him. "It's you that I'm worried about my good friend" Alasdaire continued. Only to receive a grunt as answer.

" I'm tired and not in a good humour Daire. If he wants a fight I can promise you he will bear the consequences." Dagues said emotionless. The air was filled with tension. Dagues always stood between his king and danger but this time he was the danger if Alasdaire keep pushing him. He hand gripped the dirk at his side. "The boy learned his lesson will you not consider forgiveness. He's been begging for months for you to see you. He gave birth alone to your son. How much more punishment are you gonna give him" Alasdaire tried to reason. "If it was you if Sharon betrayed you would you so easily forgive. We are Highlander born and bred with a sword and war. Those we trust are little enough without us having to watch our back in our bedrooms as well" Dagues said without turning to Alasdaire.

" I'm sorry my friend you are right. I will not interfere anymore. This is your battle and only you can choose how to fight it. I will leave you be with your own Council. But bear this in mind my friend we all even us battled hard men deserve a piece of happiness and love. Neither of us ever knew family accept family amongst ourselves. Be careful you might lose them forever" Alasdaire said and left. Dagues stood there starring at the land before him. What else does he have to lose. His heart..that was already gone. In the hands of Ewan. His pride.. Ewan took that. His son.... The Brendon's have him. His dreams and hopes off a future with a family... Gone. He used to think he was a man worth off love but he guess he was not. He was dark man he knew that but Ewan brought light to him. Ewan made him think that he could be more than a warrior. More than a killer. More than being the kings man. Ewan made him think he could be a husband. A father.

The thing was Ewan could have just asked him for the necklace and he would've given it. As it was Ewan didn't even asked he gave it as a gift back to his family. But Ewan wanted revenge for Malcolm's death. A death that a cured even before they were conceived and born. Both off them had no hand in the events that took place thirty two years ago. But somehow he ended up paying for it. Damn Scottish pride and need for vengeance. Dagues turned and made his way back into the castle.Tomorrow will come soon enough. He will find out what Ewan wants. He was tired off thinking all he did was think well most off the time. He should've know Ewan wouldn't give up so easily. That little shit was like a small tenacious dog with a meaty bone. He should have left when Ewan's father and brothers were turned away the other night. Dagues grabbed a jug off whiskey on his way to his bedroom.

Morning came far too quick for his liking. He needed a bath and food. Dagues knew he had to have his wits about him today. Who knows what Ewan is going to pull on him. He finished attending to his needs and grooming. Dress in Killian colours red and black and made his way downstairs. He was very much surprised to see the hall to the throne room already packed with people. He grab one off the maids. "Hey wench is there no food and what in heaven's name is going on" he asked her. The girl bowed and said "Begging your pardon my Lord but there's a commotion going on in there. A young boy accusing a Lord off taking his virtue." "Ah hell no " he thought as he elbowed his way through the crowd.

"My Lord I demand that your warrior it brought to justice" he heard Ewan's voice. "Ah Dagues just in time. There's a compliant against you" Alasdaire said and gestured for him to come closer. "What may that be" he asked. Folding his arms on his broad chest not looking at Ewan. "Well it seems you took advantage off a shield maidens. I believe as he put it was a virgin before you bedded him. Than left him with a bastard son. Now the boy wants retribution." Alasdaire explained. "You mean a shield whore" asked Dagues. He could see out off the corner of his eye how Ewan stiffened at his words. "Now we are nor here to exchange vile insults. Ewan what retribution do you seek" Alasdaire asked Ewan. "My Lord chief Killian have to marry me and acknowledge his son as his heir to the tittle" Ewan spoke loud and clear.

"The hell I will" Dagues declared. "Dagues did you or did you not bed Ewan Brendon. Was he a virgin untried when you bedded him" asked Alasdaire. "He was but he got his payment in jewelry " answered Dagues. His hand on his sword ready to strike. "Did you demand payment Ewan" Alasdaire asked.
"Nay my Lord. Chief Killian gifted it to me " answers Ewan.
"Whore son!" Dagues shouted and took a step closer towards Ewan. Ewan took a step back."Ewan as you can see Dagues refuses to marry you so by old Scott's customs you will have to fight for your honor Ewan " Alasdaire declared. "How the hell am I to fight the little bitch. He'd be dead in a second! " Dagues was an ragged. "Dagues my friend......its wed or dead you choose. You wed him or he dies by your hand." Was Alasdaire's final creed.

Dagues look at Ewan. The boy chewed on his bottom lip. It was arousing as hell. A nervous trade Ewan have. Wed or dead. Well he'll wed, bed and make sure Ewan wished he was dead.

"Wed my Lord. But no later than today. Right now" Dagues made his decision.

      Thank you all. Sorry for any errors.  You may vote and comment. I promise I will try and answer you.