Chapter 5

Dagues made his way up the darkened stairs with little difficulty. He knew his home well. On the fourth floor off the castle were four bedrooms reserved for the Killian's. He gave one to Duncan and his nursemaid and another to Ewan. He refuse to share with Ewan.

The large master was his. He was tired as hell riding almost a week nonstop. He needed a good nights sleep. Sharing with Ewan means sleeping with one eye open. But first things first the master bedroom had a large stone balcony. He wants to sit there enjoy his favorite whiskey and bask in the darkness. Finally Dagues entered his own bedroom. He had not much need for furniture. A thick black bearskin rug covered the cold concrete floor and a soft white fur the bed. A huge bed , two chairs and a table. Space enough for a bath and his other duties. That all he needed. Not to say he was a poor man. Dagues was indeed a very wealthy man. He was just not a frivolous man. He went over to the large oak double door and changed his mind. He wanted to clean himself first. Get rid of the dust amongst other thing. Striping himself bare he poured water in the basin to clean up. Smelling like sandalwood wood soap he felt clean enough. Dagues turned to his bed and stopped in his tracks. He did not have to wonder he knew exactly who occupied his bed. His breathing was a telltale. "I think you have played the deceiving game long enough Ewan. Pretending to be a frightened child clutching at the covers. Cunning aye that you are" he said angrily.

Ewan knew he could pretend to be asleep much longer. He woke up the minute he smelled Dagues in the room. Aye smelled , Dagues carried that manly musky scent mixed with sandalwood. He sat up in the bed as Dagues lit more oil lamps. Brightening the room. "What are you doing in my room?" The question sounded very cold. Ewan knew its one he have to answer. "We married Dagues we are to share a bed and room." He hoped he sounded as confident as he look but his inside was trembling. "The hell we will. I share my bed whoever I choose whenever I choose. Get out!" Dagues yelled loud enough. Ewan was sure the servants and all heard him. Ewan knew he was in for a hard time with Dagues but he'd be damn if he thought he was going to give up on him or share. As Dagues said he was a bitch after all. And the bitch was going to fight for what he let slipped through his fingers. "You still here?" Dagues asked him bitterly. Like a cat he jumped from the bed. Landed on his feet facing Dagues. "Dagues I kin very well you won't believe me but I love. I'm sorry for what I did." A tight smile formed on Dagues's mouth. "Aye a very convenient line you keep saying when you want something from me. Go on let me be hearing it or get out" he said. Ewan watched as Dagues's blue eyes darkens. "You are my Laird,my husband,my Chief and the man I love. I done you wrong Dagues I know and I'm sorry. I will take any and everything you throw at me but.......I WILL NOT BE SHARING YOU. NOT NOW NOT EVER!" Ewan said almost furiously.

A glimmer of amusement entered Dagues's eyes as he watched his proud red head beauty in front off him. He ignored the implications of his heart calling Ewan his. "Well you have little say in the matter." He watched as Ewan's eyes narrowed. Those beautiful deceiving emerald green eyes. They were his salvation once but now his hell. Ewan wanted to play the duty full wife than  that is what he will be. He will be mounted every damn day or night like a thoroughbred. He moved forward and grabbed Ewan's arms." Know this Ewan I'm your owner now. You want me for yourself then aye I will not debate the issue.....But I will not sit with useless property. You will see to my every and very personal needs. You will not have the run off my castle for that you cannot be trusted, You try to interfere and I will take you in hand. Do you understand" The words that left his mouth was rude. Dagues knew that but he will not be Ewan's fool ever again. "What do you mean you will take me in hand. Will you hit me Dagues" the words that left Ewan's mouth were barely a whisper but Dagues heard them. "Aye if needs be than I will."

The coldness of his voice and heartless words send shivers down Ewan's spine. But he knew Dagues was on the war path and being the warrior he is, he was not going to back down nor give any mercy. Dagues let go of his arms and turned his steps towards the bed. "Strip!" he ordered. Ewan bit his lip. his body was still sore off traveling and the other night. His wedding night. A few moments passed before Dagues spoke again. "Donno be worried. I'm to damn tired for your ass tonight but when you sleep in this bed you be sleeping naked. Now strip and get in" Dagues said already lying down. Ewan breathed slowly in relieve. Dagues was not a small man by far. But Ewan felt he dared to push his luck. "You on my side of the bed." he said. Dagues grunted and turned to face him where he was still standing. "You must be fucking crazy if you think I'm letting you sleep near the door" he answered with raised brow. Ewan made his way around the bed to the other side. He undressed and got in. "Good night Dagues I love you" he got no answer accept Dagues's back at him. He wished he could turn back time. Knowing what he knew today he would never have set out on a self proclaimed quest. He hurt not only himself but the man he came to love. He knew he should fear this man but he did not. Dagues was a hard man but he broke through his defenses once he could do it again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PLEASE VOTE. I do apologise for any spelling mistakes amd grammar errors. Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoy.