Chapter 3

Two weeks later-

Tonight is the Lunar Eclipse Ball and I'm beyond excited. My world has changed drastically from the way I've lived since I was five and became an Omega and servant for the pack house.

Riley and Harley have been taking care of my chores for the past two weeks so I can be presentable for the Ball tonight. Luna Adaline has been by my side the whole time and the Alpha has left me alone.

Every morning I was to be in Luna Adaline's room by 9 am for dress fittings and measurements. After we would have brunch on her balcony or in front of her fireplace.

Dress fittings, hair appointments, and make up consultations were a big part of my life now. Those who did my hair and makeup wanted to have as much practice as possible to hide my bony shoulders with my hair and to hide the scars and constant bruises that refuse to leave my face.

Luna Adaline says that we need to be ready by 3 pm so we can arrive at the Ball by 5 pm. The Moonlight Eclipse Pack is the strongest and most dangerous pack in the world and is where the Ball will be held. The ball is only a hour and a half away but Alpha Jordan wants us to be early so he can go over the "rules" with Luna and I so we don't embarrass him. The rest of the pack will follow behind our car to the Ball and is another reason Alpha wants us to be early so he knows everyone made it.

Luna and I are having a lunch of ribs and salad so we will have enough energy to last through the night. Luna Adaline tells me about what to expect so I don't freak out when we get there.

"Every Pack will be there with at least 50 wolves. The past Alpha King and Luna will be there along with their son, the current King. Don't go near the King, he has a tendency to be standoffish and angry from not finding his mate. He projects his power constantly and many are afraid of him but without a mate he has a hard time controlling it. Alpha and I will have to greet them but you won't have to if you do not want. Alpha's and Luna's from other packs will come up to us to strengthen alliances and trade. Some are friendly others not so much. Alpha Jordan will do most of the talking. There will be loud music and dancing in the center of the room. The King and his parents have a balcony that they might be in if they are not on the floor."

Luna Adaline takes a deep breath before continuing.

"Audrey, if you find your mate you will be aloud to leave this pack and go to his. Alpha Jordan and I can't keep you here and you will finally be free. Do not be afraid of them. The Moon Goddess prevents your mate from hurting you. That's how the First King and Queen met. The King was at war with a neighboring kingdom of werewolves, this was before we all united and split lands into packs, when he was met in battle by a female wolf who was taking down his soldiers on the front lines as soon as they came near her. She never killed, only injured. This amazed the King but he needed to win so he went to the front lines to take down the female warrior. They met in a confrontation and they both lunged at each other for the kill but they both just grazed each other. They were baffled and tried for hours on end to end the other until the Moon Goddess came into the middle of their fight and gave them the knowledge of being mates. She then bestowed all wolves with the ability to smell their mate instead of them having to be lonely and wait for a battle in hopes of finding that one soldier who couldn't harm them. Once the Moon Goddess left the earth the King found out the female warrior was the daughter of the King for the other Kingdom. The two wolves ended the war and combined kingdoms and split land into packs and named Alpha's to take care of the land and those who live there. That's how it's been since."

Luna Adaline took a sip of her tea and looked at me, waiting for my reaction and response.

Told you mate would never hurt us!

Shut up Kenna! Things can happen!

Kenna huffed in my head and went to the back of my mind.

So what if my mate couldn't physically hurt me? Verbally he could. He could hire others to hurt me. There are still lots of options. I take a deep breath and put a blank face on.

"Thank You Luna Adaline for helping me prepare for what to expect."

"Now then let's get ready." Luna Adaline smiled and clapped her hands together as she stood from her seat.

Lending me a hand, Luna pulled me out of my seat and pushed me to the vanity table I have become used to. The "Crew" as Luna likes to call them walked in with boxes of makeup, hair products, and a few racks of dresses. One rack was for Luna that were made for her and the other rack was for me. There was no more lounging around with Luna Adaline cause it was now time to get ready. I quickly look at a clock and see it reads, 11:31. Great. That's a long freaking time to get ready.