Chapter 15

Three Weeks Later-

Today is the day that Lucas and I decided that I should meet the pack. Lucas has put this off long enough and I know he has been dying for me to meet everyone.

Only problem is...

I'm terrified.

Terrified of new people.

Terrified of large crowds.

Terrified of being the center of attention.

Terrified of the possibility I will be attacked.

Terrified of the pack not liking me.

Terrified of spiders... Wait... That has nothing to do with this but still! Spiders are creepy.

Anyways, the list goes on and on.

Lucas has continuously told me that there is nothing to worry about. He says the pack is excited to meet their new Luna and Queen.

Wish I could believe him when he says this but it's been drilled into my head that no one can love me.

I still shy away from the affection Lucas shows me.

He says he understands but I know it hurts him when I flinch when he goes to hug me or when I shake when he leans in to kiss my cheek.

It hurts my heart knowing I have been causing him pain. I want to be the normal mate he deserves.

I want to be the strong and fearless Queen he wants me to be.

But I'm not.

I'm not strong.

I'm definitely not fearless.

The loud knocking on the bedroom door slowly pulls me out of my thoughts.

Can you calm down? Seriously all this talk about not being good enough is getting on my freaking nerves. So shut up and answer the door so we can get ready.

Whatever Kenna. I can't help it and you know that.

Just answer the dang door already! The knocking is annoying.

"Come in!"

"Queen Audrey? It's Kendra and Lenna. We're here to help you get ready to meet the pack."

"Hey I thought we agreed you would call me Audrey. No titles."

"Right. Sorry."

Lenna decides to speak next. She has always been quieter then her sister. When she speaks its very soft and I have to strain to hear her.

"We brought you a gift from the Alpha King. He wishes for you to wear it to the meeting."

That's when I notice the wardrobe bag in Lenna's arms.

She walks over to the bed and lays it down. Leaving the zipper closed, keeping the new outfit from my eyes.

"Should I open it?"

"Duh girl! Seriously!"

"Kendra! That was rude."

"Lenna. I can't help it and besides I was just joking around."

"Still... You shouldn't have said that."

For what seemed like ages the twins went back and forth.

Do something! Their arguing is annoying!

Oh come on Kenna. It's not that bad.

Fine you won't do something, I will.

Kenna? What do you mean?