Chapter 27

What the heck? 

Where am I?

I look around and see that I'm standing in a field covered in wildflowers of all colors.

Towards the center I see a woman with hair as dark as the night sky and clothed in a white gown that seemed to float around her whilst still showing off her figure. Golden armbands decorate her biceps and wind down to her wrists.

That's the moment I realize I had been walking toward the strange woman

The closer I got, the more I felt a sense of familiarity. 

When I was only a few feet away, the woman turned around, making direct eye contact.

Her eyes where a bright and shining silver, holding a look of knowledge and compassion within their depths. 

Her skin looked as pale as the moon, while still looking bright and full of life.

Her lips were a pale pink, the color of a newly bloomed rose.

The longer I looked at the woman, the more I felt like I knew her.

"Hello dear."

The silence of the clearing was disturbed by this woman's words.

Snapping out of  whatever daze I had been I start to ask questions.

"Who are you? Where are we? Where is Lucas? How did I get here?"

The woman held up her hand, causing the rest of my questions to die on my tongue.

"You've always been a curious pup. I will answer your questions but you must stay calm dear. You don't want to stress your babies."

Babies?

As in more then one?

"Yes Audrey. You're having twins."

Twins?

I'm having twins?

"Yes twins.Now, please listen to me so I can answer the rest of your questions? Good."

I nod my head at the woman as she goes to sit in a chair I hadn't realized had been there earlier.

"Sit down Audrey."

I turn my head and sure enough there is a chair directly behind me. I sit down and turn my head to the woman, ready for answers.

"My name is Selene, more commonly known as The Goddess of the Moon. As to where we are, we are in your mind, you subconsciously picked the location we are sitting in, not me.  As of the whereabouts of your mate, he is still in bed, arms wrapped around you. I brought you into the depths of your mind as you slept to talk to you. As the Moon Goddess, I'm the mother of all werewolves but have only had a few biological children. Only daughters to be exact. My first daughter was the first Luna Queen, Aubrey. My only living daughter at this time is named Audrey, the current Luna Queen.