Chapter Four

Note

I hope you're enjoying it so far. 😁

-North London-

Ginny gave a light tentative knock to the bathroom door, hearing the water in the sink run from the faucet. She was unsure if she should even disturb her.

They've all been walking on eggshells for the last decade and a half with Hermione. Not to much could be said about this search in front of her or it sets her off. They've always supported her, but it's been nearly twenty years and all she's came to is dead ends. Even now with this wizarding detective in Harry's office with news about Professor Snape, it could be just another clue. It's always been just another clue.

"Yes?" Hermione's voice croaked from behind the door. The strain in her voice making it obvious she was crying.

"Hey 'Mione, I hate to disturb you but Harry and Ron have got some man in their office claiming that he works for you." Ginny spoke gently, her face an inch from the dark oak of the bathroom door.

"Yeah?" Hermione's voice sounded hopeful, yet she was still sniffling.

"Yeah, they said he claimed to have found something, said the target was moving or something." Ginny said.

At that the door whirls open making both women's hair fly at the force. Hermione's eyes met Ginny's as soon as it was completely open, her eyes wide and surprised.

"The target?" Hermione said and Ginny nodded with an encouraging smile, "As in Severus Snape, the Target."

Ginny nodded again and Hermione's face broke out into a huge smile.

"Where are they?"

"Harry's office." Ginny replied.

Hermione flew past her nearly jogging towards the other end of the hall, her heels clicking on the marble floor of the Potter Manor. Ginny did her best to keep up with her.

This was it. Hermione thought, we've finally found him.

Hermione rounded the corner with Ginny in tow. Her hands still dripping from her recent visit to the rest room and her eyes shooting straight towards the man who carried with him the news Hermione had been searching for.

"You found him, how is he, where is he?" She said, shooting questions left and right, frantic to just know.

The man, who looks completely calm and put together, straightens his cuff links of his perfectly tailored jacket and rises to his feet from the chair that sat in the center of Harry's office. A cool smile on his charming face.

If only Harry and Ronald wouldn't have jump to conclusions and actually took a second look at the man they would have saw that he was perfectly well managed and clean cut. Looking more like a muggle lawyer than a Wizarding private detective.

"Yes, Miss Granger, we have concluded our search and located Mr. Snape." The man said, a look of complete pride and happiness on his cleanly shaven face.

Hands balled into each other in front of her, fidgeting nervously, she steps in front of the man, eyes widened with complete attention and impatience.