Chapter Nineteen

- Lily Flower -
Part 2

"Severus."

The soft feminine whisper followed him out of his deep sleep and he jerked awake clenching his fists into his sheets on either side of him. The air was thin and hot around him and he couldn't seem to get enough into his lungs.

Who was Severus?

He shook the thought from his mind, weird.

Quickly surveying the bedroom around him, he took notice to the bundle of limbs tangled in a quilt in the bay window next to his bed, a book loose in her fingers.

Hermione.

He listened for a moment to her soft snores before he untangled himself from his white sheets and stretched before making his way out of the bedroom.

It was odd, waking up with someone in the room with him. He hasn't really had time to process that someone actually likes him.

The night before, they sat up for hours talking, getting to know one another but no amount of information would have prepared him for what she informed him of last night.

"You are so loved, Tobias, although you use to not be by many, I've always loved you."

She didn't seem to register that she told him she loved him until a few seconds after. Tobias' eyes were bulging from his eye sockets, his face brightening with a large bashful smile.

Her eyes merely widened and she quickly changed the subject. It was adorable. Something that brought a smile to his face now.

The day had barely even begun and he was already happy, that was Hermione for you though, from the moment he met her she had brightened his world like a second sun on his shoulder.

Busying himself with making breakfast he didn't notice the small petite woman with soft wild morning hair walk into the room, wiping her eyes and stretching her limbs.

She stopped in her tracks and let her eyes melt over his bare back and tight  black underwear. She could get use to waking up to this.

Stepping up behind him, she wrapped her arms around his mid drift tightly. Pressing her lips to his shoulder blade. He jumped but only slightly and smiled down to her.

"Morning sleepy head." He said, his voice groggy with sleep.

"Morning," She said, picking up her lips from his skin long enough to say that before placing another kiss into his shoulder blade.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Good, just a little tight around my shoulders," She laughed.

"You know you could have just climbed up in the bed with me instead of sleeping in the hard window seat."

She smiled against his skin and sighed.

"I would have but I fell asleep before I was suppose to." She said.

"That's because you keep telling yourself one more chapter but then you end up reading ten more." He laughed heartily and flipped the pancake he was working on.