Chapter Thirty-Eight

Author's Note: Smut, Smut, and more Smut. Mature audiences only so if you're below the age of eighteen please skip this chapter. (Honestly I don't care but don't read it in front of family or somewhere in the open) I'll give another warning when the dirty stuff comes up but for now read on.

- Fifty Shades of Snape -

As much as Hermione loved her friends and family she was more than happy to finally be away from the crowd and into the arms of her beloved. She never thought she would be able to call this man that, always expected the worst even though she had more hope and faith through these twenty years in search of him.

With rice in their hair and joy in their hearts they moved from the cheering crowd of friends and family to be met with the darkness of the warm June night.

Surrounded by a halo of moonlight they stood gazing out to the lake in front of them, the music still playing loudly behind them as their reception went on without them.

"Are you ready?" Severus said quietly into the crown of her hair, his arm wrapped around hers, his fingers entwined in her own.

The whisper of his breath tickled at her cheek and she sighed in content.

"Not yet, I think I'd rather sit here for a moment longer before we have to Apparate to the suite." She said softly.

He only nodded and smiled into her hair as they gazed out of the rippling water, the light reflecting off the dark surface of the water.

There was a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. He couldn't forget the love he had for Harry's mother, it was strong, it was real, but it wasn't like this.

He had admired her as a student under his dark evil Professor front, he admired her wit and her bravery. He admired her devotion and her courage. He never would have dreamed that they would ever come to this in the future. He never saw her as more than a student back then, that was before he met Hermione as a woman though.

And even if he didn't remember who she was in that time he was just Tobias, he fell for her because of who she was and who she came to be to him.

Now he watched her as she watched the rippling water, a small smile to her lips. She was happy. That was all he could ever want.

"I love you." He whispered, the phrase gliding from his lips before he had even really thought it, because it was like nature to him now. No more was the man who caged his emotions. With her by his side, he couldn't even attempt to hold them in.

She glanced up into his dark eyes, that same dazed smile on her pink lips.

"I love you." She said just as quietly, "Take me home?"

Without another word he did just that and Apparated them on the spot.

Now surrounded by a dark room lit by several candles across the wood flooring, the fireplace holding a small fire, he kissed her.

His lips capturing hers in not a chaste kiss but one gentle and full of a passion she doesn't believe she's ever felt.

He caresses her soft cheek in his palm and pulls away with a smile.