Chapter Twenty-Nine

- Malfoy Manor -
Part 1

What the great Harry Potter said was what the entire Auror Department did. The entire Ministry was in an uproar. When news traveled from Harry to the Ministry that Potions Master Severus Snape was not only alive but he and Hermione Granger were kidnapped, everyone dropped what they were doing and put everything on hold to join the search party.

Every Auror, every ministry official, and every representative was on the case. Flyers were out, witches and wizards were on high alert. Not one wizarding eye has blinked since the news that two heros were missing.

Harry himself had so many people moving around the Auror department looking through files and looking for a magical signature that the department was nearly in chaos.

He stopped by Draco's office and stepped in without knocking, sagging against the door in relief of the chaos.

"Draco you would not believe the stress I'm under." Harry sighed, then his eyes connected with Draco's visitor. "Oh, Lord Malfoy, it's nice to see you, am I interrupting something?"

The two men shook hands and Malfoy returned his hand to his cane.

"No actually Potter, I was just leaving, I've heard the news and I've come to wish my utmost wishes of luck to you and the department, not an eye will lower until Granger and Snape are found." Lucius said with a smile. Harry returned it but there was something about his eyes that made him freeze. Lucius never called him Potter, even in the work environment, it was Harry that called him by his surname because of his own status in the Ministry as Head of the Auror Department.

Harry furrowed his brows, "Mr. Malfoy, are you quite alright?"

"Yes," Lucius paused, "Just fine, I better be going, we'll speak at a later date, Draco." He said, acknowledging his son.

"Yes father." Draco said just as his father left the room. He slouched with a sigh and relaxed. "He showed up out of the blue earlier and I couldn't get him to leave."

Harry's brows met, "What was wrong, he had this clouded look in his eyes."

"I don't know," Draco sighed and brushed back his hair, "He kept asking me about Hermione's search and how she found Uncle Severus."

"Did you notice how he kept calling him Snape, as if they hadn't been friends since Snape's seventh year." Harry noticed, and pushes his glasses up his nose.

"Yeah, I did." Draco said and paused, "Do you think he knows where they are?"

"I doubt it, if he did he would have surely told us, he's not exactly one for wasting the Ministry's time." Harry said.

Draco sat in thought for a moment with his fingers on his lips.

"Do you think it would hurt to just have a peak at the Manor, I mean not that I don't trust my own father but he was acting strangely," then his eyes widened, "Maybe polyjuice or an unforgivable."

Harry nodded, "We may need to check, I'll gather a party and we can go."

Draco rose from his seat behind his desk and grabbed his coat.

"I'll get a party to apprehend my father just in case."

With that they left the office, one step closer to finding Hermione and Snape.

A/N:
I know this was short and sweet but I had to update one more time to make sure Harry and Draco had a part in the story. I hope you are enjoying. Goodnight 💤