Chapter Thirteen

- Mr. Prince -

The busy streets of Camden were drenched once again in what was once a light rain fall but now that the bottom has fallen out it blanketed the buildings in drizzles of heavy rain

The streets which were normally slam packed with life were all but empty.

Every face he passed seemed completely different then the ones he passed yesterday, no one who came to Camden stayed long. Most were just passing through to the next town.

He stayed, but he really had no choice. There was no where else he could really go. Everywhere was like any where to him, different. He can't remember what having a home really felt like. He doesn't remember what really knowing someone felt like. Not since he woke from the hospital.

He flexed his hands at his sides as he made his way up through the side walk. Thankfully most the buildings have long awnings that reach the edge of the road or he'd be so drenched, he'd have to wring out his sweater before he could enter the cafe.

He was practically skipping while he walked. The conversation they had just yesterday over the phone still rang in his head.

He's lived in this town for seven years, well for what he remembers, and never has he met anyone quite like this Hermione Granger. She was different, which is what he's used to, but there was something about her that was so familiar.

As soon as he saw her, that early morning, he couldn't help but talk to her. It was like something was drawing him to her.

The constant tap of his shoes on the pavement became a rhythm that he followed on every one of his morning runs. He took the same routine, turned the same corners.

He passed many different people on the side walks. He never really took notice to any of them, just as they really took no notice to him.

He's kept to himself ever since he discharged from the hospital seven years ago.

Rose's Restaurant was always packed, especially in the mornings when she served her famous home made muffins and hand battered donuts. So when he turned a corner and made his way towards her restaurant he wasn't surprised to see several new faces sitting outside at her tables stuffing their faces with powdered donuts and nutty muffins.

But something caught his eye, or rather someone.

She sat alone at the farthest table from the groups of people. Her tea was no longer steamy and her hair was wild from what he can guess was running her hands through it.

She seemed on edge, nervous. He couldn't tell, but as he approached something about her seemed familiar. He'd seen her somewhere but he can't remember where.

He stopped his jog and walked in place taking a peek at his wrist watch to check the time.

8:30 am