Chapter Twenty-Eight

- The Dam has Broken -

They sat on either side of the cell away from each other when the snatchers returned. Their eyes meeting briefly, both flashing the other with an anticipating look.

As soon as they heard the jingling if the keys on the cell door, Hermione began wandlessly unlocking Tobias' shackles. They had been waiting for the snatchers to return for a full ten minutes, before they heard the upstair doors open.

His retrains clicked unlock and they gave each other triumphant looks of pride.

The three snatchers came in one by one, two approaching Tobias, who acted as if he wasn't free. The other approached Hermione, but before she could even whisper the unlocking spell to unbind herself the growling snatcher moves quickly and jerks her hands from the floor.

She lets out a squeal alerting Tobias.

"Hermione?" He said, trying his best to look around the two approaching wizards

The snatcher who now has Hermione bound by two more shackles around her wrists moves to the side. Giving Tobias a full view of the new bounds around her wrists.

All she could do was sag in defeat. She should have unbound them sooner.

When Tobias finally had a view of her he growled and revealed to the others in the room that he was free, then raised his hands.

With a power he did not know he was capable of his magic surged and all the snatchers flew back to the opposite wall beside Hermione, all groaning from the impact.

"Quick Tobias, get help." Hermione screamed while the other three wizards began getting up.

Tobias stopped in his tracks, he couldn't leave Hermione.

Using all his might he pushed his magic onto the snatchers again, holding them against the stone wall.

"Hurry Hermione, free yourself!" He exclaimed, but to no avail.

"I can't, it takes to much focus." She cried. "Just run, get help, I'll be fine."

He stood there knowing he should trust Hermione but then again, he didn't have the heart to leave her.

"No!" He yelled, beginning to weaken, "I won't leave you here."

Time was running out quickly, she had to convince him to run.

Tobias kept his hold on the death eaters, but his eyes began to sag and his muscles loosen.

He was growing more tired by the moment.

"Tobias!" She yelled, grasping his attention. His eyes met hers and she sighed, "You have to leave me here and get help, I'll be okay, go back to my apartment and use my floo, you know how."

"Hermione I can't just- just leave you." He said, his arms beginning to give out, "I won't be a coward."

"You aren't a coward, Tobias, but I'm telling you to stop, don't be the hero, just go and get help." She pleaded.

"No," He said finally, a snarl behind his words, his eyes hardening. She watched with widen eyes as the color of his eyes darken slightly to a light brown. Were the glamours fading? "I will not leave you, we're in this together remember?"

Acting fast he moved over beside her while still holding his magic on the three wizards, his body growing more tired as the seconds passed.

"Focus, I'll hold them,"

Before he could finish his sentence the sound of foot steps pattering across the stone echoed through the cell block. Their eyes widened. There was no way they could hold off more of them.

Seconds later three more death eaters entered the cell and curses flew.

Tobias fell to his knees and his magic was lifted from the other three snatchers.

"You like to play Snapey, not so high ranked now are you." One of the snatchers hisses as he held Tobias under a curse. "Boys I think it's time we show this traitor a lesson."

___

They sent curse after curse on him, everyone making him scream and cry out in pain. He didn't back down, he rose to his feet and pushed his way towards them but before he could one of them yelled a loud, "Cruico."

He stood on his tip toes, seizuring on his feet. He stiffened and convulsed.

Hermiones cries for them to stop were behind him but he couldn't hear it.

Then it happened. A flash of light crossed in front of his eyes and he gasped loudly.

His face contorted in agony. Every moment, every memory he has ever had flashed before him in swirls of light. Every touch, every word, every voice, every single thing that he had ever been through came back. It made him smile and cry, but it also made him break down in front of her.

He crumbled to his knees, the force of the curse the wizard has him on is no where near as strong or as painful as the memories he is getting back. He let out a cry in agony and fell forward onto his hands.

"Tobias!" Hermione cries out, pulling on her restrains.

He heard his mother's voice singing to him in his youth. The singsong voice something he looked back to as a reminder that his mother did love him. He saw flashes of Lily running and giggling while looking back at him. His heart soared at the sight.

Everything came back to him, all at once, the last words his mother said to him, to the last words Lily said to him.

He was on the cold stone floor, sniffling out sobs.

Every curse he was ever put under, every torture session with Voldemort, even the torture of seeing Harry Potter every day knowing that he was the reason his mother was no longer alive, that his best friend was no longer alive.

Hermione watched as his hair changed from light brown to a dark shining black, as his eyes glowed and went completely dark.

Snape was back, but will she ever see Tobias again.

A/N:
What!? He remembers!?!

I know I know, I'm updating a lot tonight but I can't really explain why I have this sudden burst of energy.

I read up that memory charms can be lifted while under the Cruciatus Curse. That's why I've been back and forth with my writing because I had to find a way to make this happen.

I hope you are enjoying and PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK!!! I love it !