Chapter Ten

- Bloody Godfather-

"You best go after her and apologize," Ginny said, standing from her place at the table.

Harry stood across the room in the threshold of the kitchen door, his head in his hands. It wasn't suppose to go like this, but what was he to do. She's spent half her life searching for the man. She should have given it a bit of time, or found another way to see him more often. But staying in the same house as Snape, it was very wrong, the man doesn't know her, she doesn't know him or rather who he's come to be. He may have been a hero. Hell, Harry may have named his son after him, but that didn't make this Snape any less of a mystery.

They had no idea what he's been up to for the past twenty odd years. He did chose to become a death eater when he was younger, what if some of that darkness still lived inside of him.

All Harry wants is for Hermione to be happy, but that didn't mean he didn't want her to be safe as well.

"I know." Harry sighed, turning to glance at his wife, "I just don't want her to do anything she'll regret."

Ginny eliminated the space between them and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind, placing her chin on his shoulder blade.

"I know you want her to be safe, but you have to let her make her own decisions, it's been twenty years of touch and go with her, she's been unhappy yet hopeful for twenty years."

Harry sighed again and dropped his chin to his chest.

"I know, but I can't help but feel a little guilty about all this." He said softly, "I shouldn't have encouraged it in the first place all those years ago, I should have just kept my mouth shut and maybe she wouldn't have been going through this for so long."

"Yeah, but she found him, after all this time, all this time of always hoping and mourning, she found him." Ginny said, "And she wouldn't have if you didn't encourage her, she would have given up, if you didn't help her and grant her access to those files."

He turned in her arms and took her freckled face in his hands, running his thumbs over her cheeks affectionately. He smiled.

"I love you so damn much." He whispered, kissing her lips.

They pulled apart, and he looked at her, waiting for her beautiful eyes to open.

"I love you too," Ginny said, "Now go and apologize."

Harry smiled, "You do know what day it is Saturday, don't you?"

Ginny rolled her eyes at the glint of mirth in his eyes, the mischievousness hiding in  behind his look of adoration.

"Yes," She said, dropping her forehead to his chest.

"You know I'm preparing that amazing ballad," He said and she groaned pulling away, "I have a whole new song and dance planned as well."

"I swear to Merlin if you don't give it a rest I will use an unforgivable on you." She rolled her eyes but chuckled.

"Oh no, it's to catchy, I think I'll even sing it on your birthday."

"Go apologize to 'Mione before I bloody kill you."

Harry walked backwards towards the door and laughed, "Will do, but be prepared for it when I come back."

He disappeared behind the threshold into the other end of the Manor and Ginny groaned loudly when she heard him singing the beginnings of the song on his way out.

"God, he reminds me of his bloody Godfather." She rolled her eyes playfully.