Chapter Thirty-Seven

- Something Old, Something New, and Something Blue -

"You are impossible." Ginny growled as she straightened the creases out of her husbands coat. "The ceremony will be starting any moment and you want to argue."

"I don't want to argue, I just don't want you nagging me about the bloody wrinkles in my coat, they'll be fine, besides no one will be looking at me, they'll be looking at Hermione."

"You're escorting her down the aisle!"

"Yes I'm aware, but have you seen her, not an eye will look my way."

A throat clears behind them and they both turn to see a very amused Hermione all in white.

"If you two are finished, we have one minute before the music starts." She said, raising an eyebrow at her friends.

"Bloody Hell Hermione, you're already starting to look like him." Ronald said from off to the side, his date pulling on his cuff links to straighten the arms of his coat.

Hermione laughed lightly.

"Are you ready, you're going first." Ginny asked, cutting into the conversation.

"I'm more than ready." Ronald said and tucked his dates arm around his own.

Ginny held back a laugh as his expression and shook her head.

"Alright places, when the music begins and the doors open, everyone go inside as we practiced." Ginny directed and took Draco by the elbow to position themselves behind Ronald and Lavender at the doors.

Harry took Hermione's arm gently and tucked it around and under his own. The light reflected off his glasses as his green gaze met hers.

"Are you ready?" He asked with a small reassuring smile.

"As I'll ever be." She whispered and the music began.

Two by two the pairs entered the chapel until finally Hermione and Harry entered, the chorus of the wedding song starting.

Harry caressed her hand in a reassuring manner as the brides maids and the groomsmen left the aisle leaving the two of them behind them.

Her eyes instantly connected with the dark gaze of Severus as the last pair moved out of her line of sight.

His eyes softened and began to glisten at the sight of her.

Harry leaned down to her as they took one step at a time towards the groom.

"He's mad for you Hermione." He whispered into her ear.

She flashed a watery smile to Severus and blinked back her tears, thankful for the charm Ginny put on her mascara.

They stood in front of Severus and the Priest after a few seconds and the crowd of family and friends sat at the Priests gesture.

"Who gives this woman?" The wizarding Priest asks.

"I, Harry James Potter." Harry said and gives Severus her hand before stepping off to the side of the groomsmen.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Severus Tobias Snape and Hermione Jean Granger in holy matrimony. Through their time together, they have come to realize that their personal dreams, hopes, and goals are more attainable and more meaningful through the combined effort and mutual support provided in love, commitment, and family; and so today, they will begin their life together, as husband and wife." The Priest says.

Hermione's eyes meet Severus' and there she finds the softness she has come to be completely in love with. She smiles at him. He mirrors her smile and brings her hand up to his lips to press a kiss.

"The rings?" The Priest says and the rings are brought over by Albus Severus, who smiles widely up to his Aunt and near Uncle.

They take the rings from the pillow and Hermione holds hers up first, pushing it onto Severus' finger.

"Severus, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love. As it encircles your finger, may it remind you always that you are surrounded by my enduring love." Hermione says with a sniffle.

"I will forever wear this ring as a sign of my commitment and the desire of my heart." Severus says.

Snape smiles at her, a tear breaking from his eye to cast down his cheek as he pushes the ring onto her finger.

"With my body, I thee worship.
With my heart, I thee cherish.
Would all that I am, I give unto you.
Would all that I have, I share with you. From this day until forever done.
With this ring, I thee wed." Severus said.

"Do you Severus Tobias Snape, take Hermione Jean Granger to be your lawfully wedded wife, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"

Severus' eyes glisten under the bright lighting and he nods before he answers.

"I do."

A tear falls from Hermione's eye and she smiles.

"And do you Hermione Jean Granger, take Severus Tobias Snape to be your lawfully wedded husband, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife."

They close with a kiss, hands tangled into hair and arms wrapped around waists. Lost. The crowd around seems to diminish and it's only them for a split second.