Chapter Eleven

- Voice Message -

She tossed her keys onto the kitchen counter with a sigh. She shouldn't have stormed out like that. They should have settled in because she didn't want to distance herself from Harry as well. She knows she couldn't have done this without him.

Running a hand through her messy curls she glanced over to the messages machine and sees a red light bleeping on and off. Reaching across the counter she clicked the play button and it beeps loudly.

"You have one new voice message." The answering machine said in a loud obnoxious feminine voice and a voice she didn't expect to hear comes over the answer machine.

"Yeah uh, hi, I don't know how these things work and to be completely honest I don't even think this is your number but, I was just wondering if you were still thinking about coming to stay in the guest house because if you're not I completely understand but- and I don't mean to sound to forward but if your not coming I would like to see you again, maybe next week sometime for lunch or- or other." He paused, "This is Tobias by the way, I meant to say that at first," He chuckles and the sound itself is music to her ears. "Okay well, I've better be going before I rant more."

There was a final beep before the machine went silent. She stood there in utter shock. How did he get her number? She never gave it to him. She smiles to herself. He wanted to see her again if she wasn't coming. Well, she was, despite what Harry said, this was her decision. She is a grown woman.

She had better call him back before he thinks she's blowing him off.

Going to reach for the phone she jumps at the sound of someone knocking at her door.

Sighing again she turns on her heal and opens it.

There on the other side of the door stood her best friend, looking as bashful as ever.

"I'm sorry 'Mione." He said, his green eyes shining with genuine guilt, "I should have never tried to control you, this is your decision and I support you."

Hermione stood there in silence for a moment longer in shock until a smile broke out over her face.

"Apology accepted." She said and threw her arms around his neck. "Tell Ginny I said thank you by the way."

They pulled apart and Harry chuckled.

"Will do, although I was already planning on apologizing, it was really my idea." He said, a glint if amusement in his eyes.

"Now you're sounding like Ronald," She said rolling her eyes as she turned and walked back into her apartment.

Harry followed her in and closed the door behind himself with a laugh.

"Yeah, I do spend loads of time with him being auror partners and all." He said.

"Yeah, I know." She said and took a glance at the answering machine. They took seats at the island across from each other and Hermione smiled brightly. "Guess who I heard from as soon as I walked through the door earlier."

"Hm?"

Hermione sent him a look with a raised eyebrow.

He widened his eyes, "You-You mean,"

"Yeah, him."

"Snape was here?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. Men, honestly. They are so thick sometimes.

"No genius, he called and left a message."

"How did he get your number?" He asked furrowing his brows.

She shrugged, "Don't know, all I know is he wants to see me again if I don't come and stay with him."

"Do you still have the voice message?" Harry asked.

She nodded and reached across the counter to push play, the machine beeped, and Severus Snapes voice came over the speaker.

Harry's eyes widened at the sound and a smile blossomed on his face. He sounded the same yet so different. He sounded tentative and nervous. That wasn't like Snape at all. But what did they really know about the real him, he could have been the sweetest man you would have ever met if he didn't work as a spy.

After the message was finished Harry, with widened eyes, ran his hand through his hair.

"Woah," He said, still trying to process, "That was Snape, Professor Snape."

"Yeah, I know," She said excitedly, "That was my reaction but ten times worse because he was standing literally in front of me."

He looked up to her, "This is real, Snapes alive."

"I know." Her voice squeaked a bit, a smile so wide her cheeks ached.

"There is so much I want to ask him, so much I would like to thank him for." He said.

"I know, which is why I need to do this, I need to get to know him and find out if he's just acting or if he seriously doesn't remember anything." She said with a sigh, a sudden weight baring down on her chest. She frowned. "What if he doesn't remember?"

Harry reaches across the counter and takes her hands in his, he meets her eyes through his circular glasses. "Hey, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, right now you need to focus on finding out where he's been and what he's been doing for the past twenty years."

She nods.

"Now I need to call him and tell him I'll be there this Saturday."

"You'll miss Draco's Valentines party."

Hermione snorted, "Good."

Harry rolls his eyes with a laugh.

Authors Note:
Hello guys, I know I've been gone a long time but I'm hoping to finish this within the next month. I'm so happy with your feedback and I'm glad you guys are enjoying reading it as much as I am writing it. Please oh please comment more often.