Chapter Three

Annabeth's POV

My first class is worse than I expected. Right off the bat, we were put in groups to "get to know each other better". I'm with the kid next to me, who I learn is named Percy, as well as the two kids behind us, Nico and Piper. Piper seems nice enough, while Nico is a little more reserved. I don't have a problem with either of them, but Percy is another story.

He's too full of himself, and I can already tell that he doesn't give two shits about schoolwork. He annoys the hell out of me, to say the least. He has that troublemaker grin that makes me want to strangle him, and he thinks he's so cool because he's good at swimming or something. What a dick.

The class drags on, and I only pipe up into the conversation my group is having once or twice. I'm normally a pretty good listener, but I find myself zoning out in this discussion. My mind wanders, but I'm startled out of my daydream by Percy.

"So? Do you agree with us or not?" he asks.

"About what?"

"Does pineapple belong on pizza or no?"

"Hell no, that's nasty," I reply.

"SEE???????" Percy remarks, turning to the other two in the group. I roll my eyes. Yeah, pizza wasn't made for pineapples, but it's not that big of a deal. Now Nico and Percy are having a full-fledged debate about it. Boys.

Finally, the bell rings, signaling the end of my first class. I gather my books and leave.

The rest of the day is more of the same. We play "get to know you" games in pretty much every class. It's like the teachers think we're Kindergarteners or something. The only two people who seem to be in most of my classes are Percy and Piper. I get to know Piper fairly well, and I could see us being friends this year. Percy, however, finds ways to aggravate me more and more.

First, in AP Bio (how the hell did he get into an advanced class?) he boasts about how he'll be the first kid in a decade to make it to State for swimming. Cockiness has always been one of my biggest pet peeves, and this guy brings it to a whole new level. I doubt he's even as good as he hypes himself up to be.

Next, in PE, he does nothing but show off his basketball skills for everyone to see.

Well, I say "skills" as if he has any. I could easily have shown him up if I had wanted to join the game, but I decided to let the guys have their fun.  At least for today.

To tie it all up, he knows next to nothing about Greek Mythology in our Ancient History class, but that doesn't stop him from trying (and failing) to show off in front of his friends.

What an ass.

I'm the only one in the class to pass the quiz, and I get a perfect 100. I get a few mean glances, but I'm glad I could make a good impression on the teacher. This day isn't going too terribly, I suppose.

I just pray I won't have to be partnered with Percy in any of our shared classes and thank the gods that I have Piper with me for most of the day. She's fun to talk to, and way more down to earth than some of the other girls I've encountered here. Neither of us likes to get wrapped up in all the drama surrounding the "popular" girls, so I think I've found a good friend in her. Plus, she introduced me to some of her friends here at lunch, and they seem pretty down-to-earth as well.

Maybe this year won't be so bad after all.

At long last, I make it through all seven classes and arrive at my locker at the end of the day, slightly (and pleasantly) surprised by how it went, but still relieved that it's finally over. I sling my backpack over my shoulders and leave the school.

Thanks for reading another chapter! I promise they'll get longer as the story progresses, and I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! Love u.

L (Author)

Disclaimer: None of the characters in this story belong to me, they are all owned by Rick Riordan.