Chapter Twenty Two

Annabeth's POV

A little while later, Percy comes in holding a laptop and some popcorn. He grins at me. "Movie night?" he asks, wiggling his eyebrows.  I have to smile.

"Yeah. That'd be great, actually." I reply. His grin widens as he crosses the room to where I'm sitting, plopping down next to me.  And I mean right next to me. I try to hide my blush as he logs into Netflix.

"So," he says, turning to me. For some reason, I can't help but notice how close our faces are, noses almost touching. "What do you wanna watch?"

"I, uh... I dunno. Whatever you want, I guess."

His brows furrow. "Letting me decide something? That's a first," he remarks, bumping me with his shoulder. I smile again, rolling my eyes.

"Shut up, Seaweed Brain."

He scrolls through some of the new releases until I finally decide (with more than a little sass from me on his indecision) on The Good Place.  I pay attention to the first couple episodes, mainly because it's weird to see how young the actors looked in the earlier seasons.  The corners of my mouth begin to loosen out of the frown I've held.  My eyes relax, eyebrows losing their scrunched position.  My head begins to drop as well, and before I know it, I'm dozing off.  

As if from an outsider's perspective, I can almost see my head fall to rest on Percy's shoulder.  My eyes close, and I start to merge into slumber.  But before I go completely, I feel a slight movement as a strong arm moves across my shoulders, pulling me slightly closer.  

And I drift away.

a/n yuh i started this story in 8th grade, stopped updating, and graduated high school what ab it i'm bored. ignore the fact that this is short i'm feeding y'all ok