Chapter Eleven

Author's Note

Just so y'all know, this chapter's going to be really short since it's just a filler chapter.  If you're reading this in a rush, it might be a good one to skip, as it basically just provides time and a few more hints as to what's coming.  As always, I hope you enjoy, and make sure to vote/comment if you feel like it.

Love y'all,

L (Author)

---------

Annabeth's POV

I wake up to my alarm clock today, which is unusual.  After grabbing shorts and a t-shirt to wear to school, I sneak downstairs and am surprised to see that Helen and the boys have already left.  That's a good sign.  I make myself a quick bowl of cereal and even have time to run a comb through my hair before I head to school.

I walk again today and actually arrive early.  My head isn't as clouded with thoughts of the morning argument with Helen, which is a nice change of pace, although I know it's probably only for today.  I hang out at my locker for a while until the warning bell rings, and head to first period English.

The day passes without issue, and I'm surprised by how fast it has gone.  Before I know it, the clock hits 3:00 and the final bell rings to signal the end of my third day at Goode High.  I chat with Piper a bit at my locker about the party.  She vents to me a bit about how the guy she likes, Jason, is going to be there.  I totally ship it.  But naturally, all this talk about crushes starts her questioning who mine is.

"Soooo, Annie-,"

"Don't call me that,"

"Whatever.  Is there a special someone in your life?" she inquires, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Not a chance," I reply, rolling my eyes.

"Oh yeah?  Then how come you've totally been checking out one Percy Jackson lately?" she retorts, a grin spreading across her face.  I feel heat rising to my cheeks.

"W-what do you mean?" I say.

"Oh, come on, Annabeth.  Even if you don't realize it, it's suuuuper obvious you've been eyeing him.  Honestly, I could see the two of you together," she says, always the matchmaker.

"Nope.  Never gonna happen, Pipes," I tell her.  Although, now that I think about it, he is pretty hot... but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's annoying as hell.  I push the thought from my mind.  "Look, I gotta go.  See you tomorrow, though, okay?" I say, hoping to change the subject.

"Yep," she replies, and with a quick "Bye, Annabeth!" she's gone.  I make my way home to another normal night in the Chase household, which basically just consists of me and Helen screaming at each other.  Eventually I get to bed, and thankfully, Helen doesn't wake me up.  And since she and the boys had conferences at their school tonight, I'm able to slip out for Jason's party at 6:45, leaving a note for the exactly 0 people who would care to read it.

I'm one of the first to arrive at Jason's place, and it's pretty nice.  His parents are both out of town, so the 10ish people who are coming will have the apartment to ourselves.  The place fills up pretty quickly, and the night begins.

------------------------

Author's Note

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the reads! This chapter has taken me longer than any other so far, so I hope y'all enjoyed it! If you like the story, feel free to vote, etc. Everything helps! Hope you guys are having a good day, and I'll see you in the next one.

Thanks again for all the reads,

L (Author)

All characters (unfortunately) belong to Rick Riordan. I do not make any ownership claims over any people mentioned in this story.