Chapter Nineteen

Author's Note-

Twenty-two.

Thousand.

Reads.

I'm trying to comprehend.

First and foremost, thank you all so much for your continued support. Hopefully y'all are doing alright during quarantine, sorry this update was a while in the making.  It's been a rough few months.  This chapter is most likely going to be pretty short as I recently rediscovered this account and realized how many people were asking for an update. Anyway, there's a lot coming in the next few chapters so get ready, get set and (most importantly) get hYPE. That's all for now and I sincerely hope y'all enjoy chapter nineteen of Falling For You: A Percabeth AU.

------------------------------------------------------------

Percy's POV

When I wake up for school the next day, I feel almost hungover.

I was tossing and turning through the night (again) and I just can't seem to shake the thought of Annabeth being mistreated back at home. I mean, yeah, she can be annoying. Like, really annoying. But no one deserves shitty parents. I understand that more than anything. My mom used to have this awful boyfriend, a guy named Gabe. I won't go into detail, but it was pretty bad. It's unfair that a person, especially a person like Annabeth, should have to go through that. As much as I tried to wrestle my thoughts away from her, they always came back. I eventually fell asleep at 4ish, so I booked a solid three hours before my mom basically dragged me out of bed.

I was in a daze all day at school.

In Bio, I couldn't help but notice how sad Annabeth seemed.  Her eyes drooped at the corners, mouth pulled into a line.  Worry lines streaked her face, and for once, she didn't seem to be paying attention to the teacher.  It didn't make her any less beautiful.

"Hey," I said under my breath, risking a glance at her. "You okay?"

Annabeth nodded, clouded grey eyes still trained on her notebook.  I didn't believe her, but I didn't want to pry, either, so I let it slide.

Throughout the day, I only got more worried about her. I felt like I was walking on eggshells around her- I didn't want to overreact and turn her away but it was also hard to act as though everything was normal with her.

After school, I asked Piper if she knew what was going on, and she gave me a sad but knowing sort of smile. I couldn't decide whether or not I liked it. She told me she wasn't sure, but that called me sweet for caring.

I tried to hide my blush.

As I get ready for swim practice, I just couldn't seem to get Annabeth off my mind. It's frustrating not being able to do anything to protect her, and she isn't exactly the type to let me help with open arms. I'd have to find some way around it.  I had a feeling she was in trouble.

That feeling was correct.

——————————
Author's Note-
Once again, thank you all so so so much for your continued support! Sorry for the short chapter (and to leave it on such a cliffhanger), but I promise things will get more interesting very soon.
If you'd like to, feel free to drop a vote, follow, both or neither.
Thanks, guys.
- Author
(PS i'm losing my shit over the new pjo series ahhhHHHHHH)

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Rick Riordan and I do not make any ownership claims over them.