TCC ~ 45

TCC ~ XLV

***

Chryss

"What? Bakit hindi pa tayo umaalis?" Nagtataka kong tanong sa kanya.

Our car is still outside the cemetery, unmoving, just like him.

The cemetery is quiet and serene. It's a good place for ate to rest.

"What's wrong?"

My forehead creased seeing him in deep thoughts. He's like statued in his seat.

What's going on inside the head of this handsome man?

I touched his arms to wake him up from his reverie. He's frowning while thinking. I can't help but be concerned at him. Kinakabahan ako kapag ganyan siya katahimik.

He gazed directly at me. His beautiful dark brown eyes are staring right through me, right through my soul that only he can reach.

"I've been thinking.. Time is just too short. We may never know what will happen in the future. I don't want to waste more time waiting for something to happen. I want to chase whatever makes both of us happy. I want us to be together. So I've got this plan.." His voice is rushed but he suddenly stopped.

My head is swirling in thoughts. Why is he talking like this?

My heartbeat suddenly beats like crazy in my chest especially when he took something from his pocket and showed it to me.

I gasped. I cover my mouth with my hands in awe. It is agaped behind it. I felt so much adrenaline. I think I'm going to hyperventilate! I can't even think straight right now!

I have wished for this to happen in the future but never in my wildest dreams that it would happen today!

Really? He is proposing to me? As in?!

Napakamot siya sa batok niya. It made him looks so adorable. But I can see how conscious he is with my reaction.

"I've been planning to do this. At first, I was thinking of proposing to you at the bar with my friends but they asked us questions and I thought it's a bad timing. Then kanina--"

Napaangat ang tingin ko mula sa kumikinang na singsing. I could tell by the looks of it that it's pretty expensive. It's a platinum ring with brilliant-cut diamond and have a flower-like design paving small sets of diamond. There's a bigger diamond in the center. It's mesmerizing to look at especially when the sun caught the diamond and it would shine. My head is almost spinning with its price. I think it's about 4 to 5 carats!

At tsaka anong sinasabi niyang kanina? At seryoso pala talaga siya noong sinabi niyang magpo-propose siya sa harap ng kaibigan niya?

Kunot-noo akong napatitig sa kanya.

"Kanina.. I was about to propose in the cemetery but he came. And I can't propose in front of him. It should be solemn and romantic, only between us with your sister. Then I realized after we talked to your sister's boyfriend that I shouldn't waste any minute to be with you. I shouldn't wait for the right time because any time would do. As long as I'm sincere and so much willing to be with you. As long as your heart beats with mine. To hell with those grand proposals. Well, if you want to, I could do it. But maybe after.. if you say yes?" His eyes are full of love and sincerity as they held mine.

Nakatulala lang ako sa kanya habang sinasabi niya ang lahat ng iyon. Totoo ba talaga ang lahat ng ito? Inaamin ko na may mga doubts pa rin ako. Wala pang isang taon ang pagsasama namin. We barely know each other at all. But then, tama siya. We love each other. I don't see myself marrying anyone else but him. I don't think I should wait for years before I can think of accepting his proposal. It shouldn't matter how long we've been together. What matters is that we're ready.