Chapter 15: Nefarious

Nefarious: (typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal

-------------------------------------------

"Blaze you seriously cannot tell anyone." I insist.

"What the actual fuck? And he's from the Nefarious pack?" he asks in shock. "How do these things happen to you?"

"I don't know." I reply, gripping the wheel nervously.

"I mean how are you even going to explain this to your family?"

"Bla-"

"I wonder if they'll even believe you."

"Okay-"

"Plus Nefarious and Elsyian have never gotten along since the-"

"Shut up! Just shut up!" I yell, my breathing coming out fast and erratic.

Blaze looks at me wide eyed.

"Sorry." he replies and to my surprise it sounds genuine.

"Listen Blaze. I've never had to fucking do this before. No one has had to do this before and I'm really freaking out. So if we could just not talk about it for the next half hour I would really appreciate it." I reply, calmer than before.

"Yea, of course dude." Blaze nods.

"Thank you." I breathe.

"But seriously this is gonna be weird as fuck." he says after a few moments of quiet.

I sigh and throw my head back. Somewhere along the way he falls asleep. I find myself getting bored as I stare at the road ahead of me. Then my phone dings.

Mom

Ian is at the pack house. You are in trouble.

11:26 pm

I sigh softly and turn my attention back to the road. Then my phone dings again. I tell myself to ignore it,  but after a few more minutes of boredom I decide to look again. This time it isn't my mom.

+1(970)188-****

Hey. It's Acer

11:31 pm

I restrain myself from answering.  Finally I pull into the small parking lot attached to our woods and park next to Ian's black Honda Accord. He's definitely back from his study session with Lillian.

"Blaze." I say loudly, attempting to wake him up. "Blaze!"

He jumps slightly and wipes his hand with the sleeve of his sweatshirt. He was drooling. I make a face and look at my car seat.

"You're slobber better not be on my car." I threaten.

"Relax." he rolls his eye and exits the car.

We walk in silence on the path through the woods. As the lights from the pack house come into view, I find myself tensing up.

"Good luck golden boy." Blaze chuckles and pats my back.

"Screw off." I growl and stalk to the front door.

It opens before I can even touch the handle. My mother stands in the doorway with her arms crossed. Her eyebrows are tilted down in an angry scowl.