01| Nice To Meet You

Kaycee's POV

"kaycee, time to get up. it's your first day in high school!" kylie jumps on me, pulling me from my drowsy state.

i sigh and push her off of me. i head to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. after i'm done freshening up, i go to my closet and pick out something to wear.

i stand there in deep thought pondering on what i should wear. "need some help?"

i turn around to see who the voice belongs to and see my best friends. "yes please!" i beam. soon i am dressed in a black cropped long sleeve shirt and my black weirdo sweatpants with black shoes. i top it off with my red weirdo hat and head out alongside my best friends after grabbing a granola bar.

we walk to school, excited about their first day back and my first day ever.

it was one of the best dance schools in the state and only the best of the best were able to go. i finally got my acceptance letter a month ago and was completely ecstatic.

when we were about to enter the school i catch a guy staring at me. the guy seems to be around our age maybe a smidge older than me. i could tell he had some asian roots. he was actually really attractive. i give him a smile and wave then proceed my way inside the school.

"who were you waving at, kayc?" tahani asks, face confused.

"no one." i lied. i knew that if i said a guy, they would both go and try to set me up with him since 'i don't get out of the house'.

they both look at me suspiciously, but drop it. we settle by bailey's locker and talk there to spare time. "what do you guys have first?" i ask them as i take out my schedule from my backpack.

"i have jake kodish's class first. room 152." bailey said.

"me too!" tahani and i said simultaneously. "yay, we have first period together." tahani squealed.

we proceeded to check our schedules and see that we have 3 classes all together. tahani and i had math and will & janelle's class together. bailey and i had jojo and english together. the only bad thing was that i didn't have lunch with them.

the bell rung, announcing it was time to go to class.
-----------

"alright, we'll do it one more time from the top and then we'll film it." jake announced.

the choreography was excellent. the movements were sharp and meaningful. every step helped tell the story. eventually, jake started calling names as he held the attendance list in his hands.

the first group absolutely murdered it and then he continued to call names.

"can i get sean lew?"

Sean POV

"hey man. how was your summer?" julian said happily. i do my guy handshake with him in acknowledgment. "it was okay. just dancing, as usual." i reply, leaning on the wall.

"oh come on. so you mean to tell me, you weren't in at least five different girls' pants within the last two months?" he smirked, crossing his arms.

"well i figured you knew me so well, i wouldn't have to bring it up." i said, sending a smirk back. okay, i'll admit, i'm a bit of a player. i slept with girls a little more than the next guy, which isn't my greatest achievement, but hey. i like it.

as julian and i continued our conversation, josh, ken, and josh b arrived.

"so what are you guys' schedules looking like?" ken asks.