21| 2 Weeks

Didn't proof read😬 ENJOY!

Ken's POV

2 weeks. it's been 2 weeks since gabe announced the bet to everyone. 2 weeks since bailey has spoken to me. 2 weeks since kaycee sat at our lunch table. 2 weeks of being ignored in study hall. 2 weeks of silent rehearsals for boston. and it was hell.

many people were still talking about it and taunting us for it. the feedback from everyone didn't matter nearly as much as the girls'.

brazil, bailey, josh b, josh p, and i were currently waiting outside alex's house for him to come out. it was 5 am and our flight left at 7. the others were gonna meet us there then we'd go through all the security together.

i was sitting in the backseat with bailey and both josh sat in the middle seats. i hadn't been able to get much rest since that horrid day. most nights i'd wake up feeling like i hadn't gotten any sleep at all. my appetite was close to none. i know most people are probably thinking, 'ken is such an attention seeker' or 'he's overreacting.' but bailey had that affect on me.

it's been so long since i've held her in my arms or touched her with her wanting me to. every time we danced together, she would quickly avert her gaze or not look at me at all. the tension was thick between us guys and the girls, but suffocating between the couples individually. if that's what we were anymore.

"hey, beautiful people!" alex said cheerfully while getting in the passenger seat after putting his bags in the trunk. we all either waved or mumbled a 'good morning'. with that, we began the 20 minute drive to the airport.

once we got there, bailey ran off to kaycee and tahani as soon as they were in sight. i sighed quietly, but josh b noticed my misery. "me too, bud. me too." he said putting his hand on my shoulder.

we went through security with our bags and such. after that, we had a good 45 minutes so we went into the starbucks nearby and sat down in 2 booths and very few tables. i ordered a strawberries and cream drink since i already had coffee earlier. not wanting to be surrounded by many people, i sat at a small table and began scrolling through my phone while sipping my drink.
~~~~~
Bailey's POV

"can i have 1 mango dragon fruit refresher and a morning bun for here?" i asked the barista at the counter. he nodded with a warm smile and went off to make my order. while waiting, i let my eyes wander around starbucks. i noticed that they had a home-like theme.

while my eyes wandered, they landed on ken. he was slowly sipping his drink and anyone could clearly see he was drained. my heart hurt as i saw the dark circles underneath his eyes and the messiness of his hair. "um, excuse me, sir."

the barista turned to me with lifted eyebrows. "can you add a classic oatmeal to that order?" he nodded and continued making my order. after a couple minutes, i got my order and paid him. i made my way to the table ken was sitting at, receiving encouraging looks from the girls. nat mouthed to me, "go get your man sis!" i gave them a smile and proceeded to his table.

i pulled out the chair and sat in it, causing him to slowly look up from his phone. his eyes lit up as they met mine. i shot him a small smile but it quickly faltered when i saw his state. "when's the last time you've eaten?" i asked him softly.

"a real meal." i added. he sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "a couple days ago." he shrugged.

"ken." i said in disbelief. "why?" i asked looking at him like he was crazy. which he was. he bit his lip and averted his gaze, fidgeting with his fingers. "you know why, bails." he said with a slight scoff.

"i shouldn't have that affect on you, k-" i started, pointing to myself.

"well you do, so.." he said looking at me again. he took a deep breath then closed his eyes. "it's not your fault. i just can't think about much other than that." ken explained. this was crazy. how could he not take care of himself just because of what happened.