26| I Want You

The title made me think of this song.😊

Kaycee's POV

"what in the hell were you thinking?" nat asked while buckling her seatbelt. we just left the studio and she was sleeping over at my place.

"i don't know! it just slipped out." i said annoyed with myself, running my hand through my hair. nat shook her head at me as she backed out of her parking space. for some reason, her and taylor were peeved about it. very. don't get me wrong, i know what i did was out of line and wrong, but i didn't expect this reaction from them.

"a 'shut up, bitch.' or 'back off, twat.' those. those are things that slip out. not 'i'm dating sean.' that doesn't just slip out, kaycee." nat complained. i slumped in my seat knowing she was right. i closed my eyes trying to come to terms with what i just did when i felt the car come to a halt. "what is it?" i asked her confused.

"you need to go tell him what you did." she said looking over at me. i looked at her like she was crazy, which by the words that were coming out of her mouth, she was. "seriously. in addition to what happened tonight, you need to talk to him. i know you're hurt, but trust me, he's hurt too. sean cares about you, kayc. you're not a joke to him. plus, it's not fair for you to claim him just because you're jealous and still not talk to him."

"go talk to him, i'll be right here." she said putting the car in park and taking the key out of the ignition. i sat there contemplating and decided to do it. after receiving a reassuring smile from nat, i got out of the car. i walked towards sean, who was talking to ken and josh b. once i made it to him, they saw me and stopped talking. "sean, i need to talk to you." i said nervously.

his eyes widened in surprise but he faced me while the other guys slowly got in julian's car while the girls got in nat's. "i did something tonight...more like said something that i really shouldn't have." i said shakily, fidgeting with my fingers and not exactly meeting his eyes.

sean caught my gaze and held it, putting his hand on my shoulder. his eyes showed concern. "hey, chill out. breathe." he said bringing his hand down my arm soothingly. i missed this calm feeling that he gave me. 

i did as he said then spoke. "i said something that was really stupid to lexee and i don't know why. maybe it was out of anger or me being annoyed but i told her that w-" i was cut off by lexee crashing into sean and i, giving us a tight hug. "i missed you guys so much. please get married." lexee said pulling away. uh oh. sean's eyebrows furrowed when she said that.

"what are you talking about, lex?" sean asked confused. my heartbeat sped up as lexee opened her mouth to talk. i knew sean was gonna be upset, i just didn't know how upset. "kaycee told me about you guys. i'm really happy for you two." lexee said then patting sean on the shoulder. she then walked off and got into her car, driving off.

once she was gone, sean turned to me and crossed his arms. "would you like to explain to me what just happened?" sean asked.  i pursed my lips and looked down. running away didn't sound too bad at the moment.

"that's what i was trying to tell you. i told lexee that we were dating." i said cautiously. he looked at me to continue for an explanation. "i don't really know why i did it. i guess i was a little bit jealous. she was all over you and i got scared so i blurted that out." i explained.

"kayc," he sucked his teeth when i said i was jealous. "are you fucking serious? you're a dumbass!" he sighed rubbing his temples.

"what?!" i exclaimed taken aback. "what are you talking about?"

"okay, i may say hurtful, insensitive things to you and i don't mean them. i regret it immediately after. i understand that, they hurt. and i'm sorry for that, really. but what makes you think that i moved on? what makes you think i want anybody else? and for god's sake, why in the hell would i want lexee?" he said, voice breaking. every word he said caused my heart to ache. i truly didn't understand him.