25| Promises

Performance Day

Kaycee's POV

i brushed my hair, untangling whatever knots formed in my hair while i was sleeping. after putting my hair into a pinned back style, i changed into the white clothing designated for this day.

i then packed my dance bag to prepare for the classes we were taking after the performance. shortly, i was downstairs and waiting on the couch. "kaycee, can you go with sean to the cafe down the street? i already ordered everything, you just have to pick it up and pay." delaney asked handing me the money. without giving me time to respond, she walked away.

i internally rolled my eyes and made my way upstairs to find sean. after browsing a bit, i figured he'd be in the boys room. i knocked softly on the door. it opened after a couple minutes and revealed a shirtless josh b.

"morning, josh. can you get sean, please?" i asked kindly. he nodded and closed the door once again. shouts were heard from his side of the door til he finally opened it. sean stepped into the hallway and closed the door behind him. once his eyes met mine, they lit up. "josh said you need me?" he said, leaning on the wall.

"yeah, delaney wants us to go to the cafe to pick up an order." i informed him. he nodded and walked alongside me out of the house. my eyes wandered to our surroundings as we walked down the street.

a smile crept onto my face as i took in the beautiful surroundings. people laughing and talking, blooming flowers, the different colors on buildings, and the slightly chilled air. we walked in a silence that was almost suffocating, neither of us wanting to make matters worse. when we made it to the cafe, sean held the door for me and followed after me.

we both walked up to the counter. "good morning! how can i help y- oh my god. i...i'm sorry, it's just wow. i can't believe i'm in your presence." a girl that appeared to be around our age greeted. i gave her a genuine smile and greeted her.

"thank you so much, patricia." i said reading her name tag. "you're too sweet. it's a real pleasure to meet you." i said truthfully. i loved meeting supporters. they were the people that cheered me up when having a bad day. i couldn't thank them enough for all they did for me.

"i'm here to pick up an order under the name, delaney." i told her. "as in delaney glazer?" she gasped. i nodded, smiling at how she lit up.

"why didn't i realize?" patricia said hitting her head. she turned to get a bag and two cup holders. "there you go. $31.80."

i gave her a $10 tip in the jar that was halfway full. "oh you don't have to do that." she said waving her hand dismissively. i shook my head yes. "this is the absolute least i could do for a hard-working supporter."

"sean, help me with this please." i asked gesturing to the food. sean immediately took the cup holders but i stopped him. "no, you carry the bag. you trip a lot."

he rolled his eyes playfully and thanked patricia. while sean walked out the door, patricia called me back to the counter. "if you really wanna give back, do yourself a favor and work it out with sean. i know we don't know half the story, but you two are really great together. with and without dance." she gave me an apologetic smile.

i nodded at her statement, thankful that she was being truthful. i briskly walked out the door and down the street, a little conflicted. i knew sean made me happy but i couldn't let go of all the times he hurt me. it was obvious he wanted to ask me what happened but he didn't.

we made it to the house and walked into the kitchen to put the food on the table. "that was fast. i thought you guys went to-"

"ken, don't finish that sentence." sean said sternly. i sat down at the table and ate along with everyone else. after we finished eating, everyone got into the rental vans and went to the place funk'tion was being held.