06| Green Eyed Monster

Kaycee's POV

i couldn't stop thinking about sean and the way we danced.

there was so much of a connection. it felt real. it felt like there was no one else there and all that mattered was us and how we felt. it was about if we were having fun or if we inspired people or felt something.

right now, i was walking from the bathroom to the dance room for rehearsal. i wore a ripped white shirt and jeans along with a hat.

i was early but i didn't mind it. when it came to dance, i stopped at nothing. no matter the circumstances.

i entered the room to find sean dancing. he was dancing to a song that I didn't recognize. his dancing was out of this world. i could see the emotion on his face, but could tell he was frustrated.

he hadn't noticed i entered though. he cut off the music and groaned, running his hand through his hair. his muscles flexed as did it and i wasn't complaining. i shook my head to get the thoughts out of my head.

i sat my bag down quietly and stood in the back corner so that i didn't bother him. while he was dancing, he turned and his eyes met mine. he stopped the music and came over. "h-hey." he said out of breath. i handed him my water bottle.

"n-no it's okay, kay-" he said. i rolled my eyes and put in the water bottle up to meet his mouth. he drunk from the bottle hesitantly. "so, how's the choreo going?" i asked.

"something isn't right. i like the steps, it's just the emotion that isn't fully there." he said, giving me back my water. i took it and put it back in my bag. when i stood up straight again to find sean staring at me. "what?"

"kaycee." sean said slowly.

i hummed a response. "sweet kaycee." sean stepped closer to me, now in my face. our bodies almost touching. "will you please help me with my dance?"

"mmm, i don't know sea-" sean cut me off by putting his hand on my waist and squeezing it lightly. "please." he begged, putting his forehead on mine. i giggled and shoved him away.

"fine! ever heard of personal space?" i rolled my eyes.

"personal space? never." he said sarcastically. "that doesn't exist with you." i rolled my eyes playfully once again before going to the middle of the room.

"so since it's a really meaningful piece, i thought i could have you listen to the song first to feel it...if that's okay with you?" sean said hesitantly. i nodded, beginning to stretch on the floor.

he went over to his laptop and started the song. i could already envision the musicality sean would put into it. i made sure to close my eyes so that i could really listen to lyrics to grasp the story.

once the song was over, i opened my eyes and felt a rush of emotion run through my body. "what did you think?" sean asked looking over at me.

"it's beautiful. it says so much in such little of words. what's the concept?" i asked, bending my back. he doesn't answer for a while so i look at him. he was standing there looking at me, biting his lip.

"sean?" he snapped out of his daze and looked away quickly. i swear i saw a slight blush on his face but i could just be seeing things. "i'm sorry, what did you say?" he asked, scratching his neck.

"what's the concept?" i repeated. "wrong words. words hurt way more than actions and some words can push people over the edge. whether it's with anger or sadness. and sometimes, it doesn't always affect the one who it's being said to. they affect everyone." sean explained, doing small motions of the choreo. he suddenly gasped as if he had an idea. he ran to his bag and pulled out a ripped shirt. he tore it more and put it into strips. "miscommunication. we put these on our mouths."