14| Screw It, Let's Ruin the Friendship

Kaycee's POV

"kaycee, that's not nothing. i see everything. the way he watches you, you care for him!" sean said frustratedly. i groaned once again and plopped down on the bed, running my hand through my hair.

"sean, he's in love with nat. i wouldn't do that to her. he's like an older brother to me, of course i care for him." i explained. "what's it to you anyway? why does it matter, my relationship with josh?" i asked genuinely confused.

"kaycee, you literally talk to him any chance you get, danced with him-" sean said counting on his fingers. i rolled my eyes while getting up to get pajamas to change in.

"this again, sean?! are you serious? i was asked to. do you expect for me to just think about you whenever i'm about to dance with another guy? i'm not yours." i yelled having enough. i could see the hurt in his eyes once the words came from my mouth.

i was angry. he wanted to control me. he thinks he can tell me who i can and can't dance with and it's not fair. "maybe you should take your own advice then." sean said not giving up. what?

"you have no right to get mad at me for sleeping with someone. like you said, you're not mine and i'm most certainly not yours." he said making his point. annoyed, i picked up my bag and went to the guest room.

i shut the door and changed angrily. he was right. i have no right to be mad when he's with other girls. yet, he got mad when i was with other guys. it didn't make any sense and it drove me insane. why did it hurt more when he said it?

i kept his lewser shirt on but changed into some gym shorts instead of leggings. i continued to let my hair roam free. i turned off the night lamp and went to sleep.

well, attempted.

i tossed and turned for half an hour til i decided i needed to fix the problem at hand. they do say not to go to bed angry after all.

after checking the time on my phone, 9:20 pm, i threw the cover off of my body and stuck my head out the room door. almost instantly, i heard the melodious sound of a piano. i walked down the hall and down the stairs, careful not to wake anyone who might be sleeping.

i followed the delightful tune to a room next to the living room. i was met with the back of sean as his fingers pressed softly on the keys. i watched him play as he finished the song with lighter notes. he stared at the keys for a couple moments after and then seemed like he came back to reality.

he let out a heavy sigh and banged on the keys in frustration. he rested his arms on the top of the piano then put his head in them. i went deeper into the room quietly and stood behind him. i hated seeing him like this.

i wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his back. i felt his muscles relax as he sat up a little. "i'm sorry." i said softly. he shook his head then rotated his body to face me. he grabbed my hand and pulled me onto his lap.

"me too, beautiful." he sighed. i sat on one of his legs. "i shouldn't be blowing up at you." he looked up at me, eyes showing he was sincere. he stroked my waist once again and i tried my best not to lose my mind.

"it's fine. i shouldn't be so unreasonable." i said apologetically. beginning to feel nervous from what i was about to say, i stood up from his lap. "which had me thinking..."

"yeah?" he said slowly then crossing his arms. ooh, muscle! "what if we become dance partners? hear me out, but i can honestly say, with no hesitation that dancing with you isn't like anything else i've ever felt. i think we can both agree that it means a lot so why not be partners?" i suggested finally looking at him. he sat there silent with a focused face and i immediately panicked. "it's just an idea. we don't have to if you don't want to."