17| La La Land

This is a long one, folks! Grab a snack or something.

Kaycee's POV

"alright team, listen up. boston is in 2 weeks and we've worked hard, but now we're gonna have a little fun. this friday is the school talent show, and i encourage all of you to sign up." alex announced handing ken the clipboard to sign up.

it was monday, the worst day of the week. we were in rehearsal before school going over routines for boston. we'd finished early so all the mentors decided we could practice for the talent show.

"kayc, you wanna sign up with me? you don't have to if you don't want to, i just had an idea that i thought we could do. but that's only if you're down." sean asked lowly to me. performing in front of people never really scared me, but a small part of me was nervous that the people we were around constantly were going to see sean and i's dynamic.

the other part of me wasn't even hesitant about saying yes. sean's mind was filled with wisdom and creativity that needed to be shared. plus, what were they really gonna say? almost the whole school has been going haywire ever since sean and i started hanging out. they went even crazier when seeing the wrong words video yesterday.

it was being sent from phone to phone, email to email, it was crazy how strongly people admired sean's work. i know i do. "i'd love to. what were you thinking?" i replied.

"well, i thought we could tug at people's heartstrings a bit and do a romantic piece. it can be about one of the main struggles in a relationship---support. keeping each other's light on. to not let the other fall out love." he explained passionately. a bright smile crept onto my face at how excited he was about this.

"so we'll be each other's key to keeping the light on?" i guess, tilting my head. he nods in agreement and gives me an expectant look. "i love it. see, i told you you were a genius." i smiled proudly then ruffled his hair. he fixed his hair by running his hand through it repeatedly, something he did a lot.

"wanna start after school when we get to your place?" i asked. he nodded happily. he whipped out his phone and began scrolling through it. i observed his features as he did so.

sean's hair hung over his chocolate eyes. his lips displayed a small smile. his eyes were filled with wonder as they scanned the screen. today he wore a black hoodie with black sweatpants and converse. the contrast against his tan skin made his eyes pop. i'd be lying if i said he didn't look good. "take a picture, it'll last longer." he mumbled then smirked looking at me. i took out my phone and obliged. i then posted it onto my insta story, tagging him.

once he got the notification, he gave me a bored look, which i just shrugged at. "um, guys. we kind of have a little problem." janelle announced walking into the studio. "they cut down our amount of rooms. instead of 3, it's 2."

"oh my god, that's ridiculous! we specifically told them our precautions. why are they even-" alex said annoyed.

"alex." nat called raising her hand. he turned to her to see what she wanted. "why don't we just get an airbnb? i'm sure there are some cheaper than some fancy hotel." she suggested. he quirked his eyebrow thinking about it.

"yeah, we'd need one with only 3 rooms, more if possible. maybe one story. we could do some research for one in study hall. take some of the work off your hands." i offered. alex looked to the others and they just shrugged not seeing a problem with it.

"alright. don't go over the budget. we could use the extra money." alex said nodding. we both gave him a thumbs up and with that, the bell rung. "see you guys after school! love you guys!"

we all went our separate ways for class. jadyn and i went to my locker to get my textbooks when i felt eyes on me. i looked around to find a guy staring in my direction from down the hall. i shot him a quick smile before zipping my bag open and sliding in my textbooks. "okay, i'm ready. off to anatomy." i said with fake enthusiasm.