2 | Daddy Issues

"I'll see you at the party tonight, yeah?" 

Katie grinned and nodded in response. "Duh. I'm not missing an opportunity to get a little bit slutty and boozy, Nora." 

Eleanora laughed at her roommate's response. "Don't know why I asked. Slutty and boozy is the best kind of night. Anyway, I really gotta go-" 

"Get a lefty seat?" the girl smirked. "Yeah, go on, ya weirdo. I'll see you tonight." 

Eleanora made sure she arrived extra early to her next physical chemistry lecture, and claimed a left-handed seat, dumping her backpack onto the seat next to her. 

"Aw, thanks for saving me a seat," a familiar voice greeted her as Tony Stark moved her bag to the floor and sat down beside her, propping his feet up on the chair in front of him. 

She scowled. "I didn't."

"Sure, sure."

"Arrogant," she reminded in a light voice. 

"Where'd you run off to the other day? You didn't say bye." 

Eleanora's eyebrows flew up. "Sorry for not enjoying the live pornography," she scoffed.

"Are you slut-shaming me?"

"No, you can do whatever you want with whomever you want, but not wherever you want. People don't need to see people with their tongues down each others throats when they're just trying to go about their day." 

Tony laughed. "In my defence, it's mainly Maddie that initiates that kind of stuff."

"I don't doubt that. Especially not after Monday's display." 

"Fair enough. I'll try and get her reign it in a bit from now on." 

"Thanks," she replied dryly. 

"Move your feet, asshole," a guy snarled to Tony, gesturing to the seat he had his feet up on. 

"There's no need for that," Eleanora spoke up, causing him to look at her. "You could have asked that significantly more politely, there's no need to call him an asshole."

"I'm sorry, who do you think you are?" 

"I don't think I'm anybody, I know who I am because I'm not a stupid git who doesn't know my own name. I am curious, however, as to why you think he's an asshole? Aside from his feet being on the chair, because something so minor surely doesn't constitute a title like that." 

"He's an asshole," the boy began angrily, "because he's a selfish douche who acts like he owns the place and like he's better than everyone just 'cause he's rich and graduated MIT last year."

"Sounds like you're jealous," she suggested with a small pout.  

"Of what?" he asked incredulously. 

"Well, as you just said, he's rich and smart." 

"I never said he was smart." 

Eleanora rolled her eyes. "He graduated MIT at seventeen - of course he's smart. He doesn't act like he's better than anyone, you just don't understand the concept of confidence. And I think he has earned the right to be confident. Everyone does. Besides, he's done all this before at MIT, just because he knows what he's doing and you don't, doesn't mean he is an asshole, or selfish." 

"What are you, in love with him or something?" 

"Certainly not, I just don't tolerate rude, misguided judgements of people that aren't true. Sure, I could think of a few choice words to describe him that aren't very flattering, but 'asshole' is not one of them."