16 | Primadonna Life, The Rise and Fall

Eleanora was used to waking up with little recollection of the previous night, but when she  opened her eyes and looked around the room she was in, she immediately knew that something was different. She didn't have a vague memory of the night, flashes of scenes in her memory like she usually did. She remembered the first few hours quite clearly, but then it grew fuzzy and then... completely blank. And to be honest, she was a little scared. 

As she glanced around the room, she didn't recognise it, however something about the smell of the bed she was in was very familiar. And when she heard a noise from the floor beside the bed and groggily lifted her head to see Tony curled up on the carpet with a thin blanket draped over him, she had her answer. Immediately, some of the tension and anxiety inside her uncoiled, and she let out a heavy breath, although she was still struggling to remember anything after Push It came on and it was irritating her beyond belief. 

Eleanora stared fixedly at the white ceiling, digging through her memories for something only to keep coming back with nothing. She knew, logically, that nothing probably happened - she'd likely just gotten blackout drunk and Tony had no choice but to offer her to stay the night. But something didn't feel right, she knew she was missing something, something important and it was making her stomach churn. 

"Lenny?" 

She blinked and turned to look at Tony, who was sitting up, a sleepy look on his face and hair all over the place. He was frowning at her, and for a moment she wondered if he'd asked her a question. "You feeling okay?" 

Eleanora was about to answer when a sudden thought struck her and she bit her lip guiltily. "Did I push you off the bed in the middle of the night? I'm so sorry." 

Tony blinked in confusion and shook his head. "No, no. You kept trying to get me to get into bed with you - not like that-" he quickly amended at the expression on her face, "You were just very concerned that I was cold, but you were drunk and I didn't want to seem like I was... taking advantage of you or anything." 

"Oh... thanks. I really appreciate that. What... what happened last night? I know I drank a lot but... I really don't remember much at all." 

He glanced away for a second, although his voice remained casual, "I can tell you, but do you wanna shower first? No offence, but you're a mess. You're totally stinking up my bed." 

"I don't have any clothes to change into." 

"I've probably got some of Maddie's stuff around," he shrugged, getting to his feet and beginning to search through his drawers. 

"I don't think she'd like that very much." 

"She doesn't like a lot, she can deal with it." 

Eleanora's eyebrows raised slightly but didn't comment. She scooted out of the bed and took the clothes that Tony handed to her, hoping for the sake of her self-esteem that they'd fit, thankful it was just a t-shirt and stirrup pants. 

"There's spare towels in the cupboard," he told her, gesturing into the bathroom. "and some toothbrushes in the drawer to." 

"You're very prepared," she rolled her eyes. 

Tony just let out a laugh and shook his head. "I'm an accommodating host." 

When Eleanora walked out the bathroom after showering, washing her hair and brushing her teeth, she felt significantly better. 

When she walked out, Tony was picking up rubbish in the living room, dressed and with wet hair, clearly having used the second bathroom to shower too.