12 | Fake It 'Til You Make It

Naturally, Eleanora was running late on Monday morning. 

So when she rushed into her physical chemistry lecture, she was expecting to have to use a spare notebook to lean on again as she assumed all the left-handed seats would be taken. However, when she caught sight of Tony, she realised he was sitting beside one of those seats, which he had piled with all his belongings. 

"Sorry, this seat is taken," she heard him saying to another student, who was looking at him crossly. 

"Look, dude, I need one of those seats-" 

"As does my friend, who will be coming any minute," he interrupted, before catching her eye and grinning and waving. "Lenny!" 

The girl huffed and slumped into another seat, causing Eleanora to grimace as Tony moved his possessions so she could sit down. 

"I feel bad," she muttered anxiously. 

"Well, if she was a bit nicer to people, maybe she'd have made some friends in this class who would be as great as I am and save her a seat, but she's not and she hasn't," he shrugged. "She didn't even ask, she just started moving my shit and I was like 'hold the fuck up'." 

"Thank you." 

"No problem. So how come I got here before you? Slept through your alarm?" 

"Something like that," she sighed, thinking back to the pool of blood she had woken up in. She had not been prepared (although she never was, it was extremely irregular). And now she was in pain, didn't have any painkillers on her, in a shitty mood, and exhausted . She folded her arms on the table and rested her head on them tiredly, just wanting to take a nap. 

Tony looked at her for a moment. "I'll take notes, you sleep." 

She opened her mouth to respond when a particularly harsh cramp hit her and she groaned softly, clenching her jaw. 

"Are... you okay?" 

"Mhm," Eleanora responded, the sound muffled by her arms. She turned her head to look at him. "You wouldn't have any aspirin or anything on you, would you?" 

"No, sorry. You got a headache?" 

She just nodded, not bothering to correct him. 

"Why don't you just go back to your place and rest? It'll go away faster." 

"I'm here now," she mumbled, and then suddenly had something soft thrown over her head, blocking out the light in the theatre and muffling the sound. She could tell from the familiar scent of his cologne that it was Tony's jumper. 

"Is that better?" he asked, slightly amused. "I find headaches feel worse with light and sound." 

It didn't do anything to help the pain in her uterus, however, the gesture did make her smile to herself. 

"Yeah... thanks." 

• • • 

The sudden increase  in noise as the lecture finished stirred Eleanora from her nap, and she pulled Tony's jumper off her head as she sat up, wincing at the pain in her neck. 

"Good sleep?" Tony asked her with a smirk as she blinked groggily and stretched her arms with a yawn. 

"I think that made me feel worse, to be honest," she groaned softly, getting to her feet and slinging her bag over her shoulder, leading the way out of the lecture theatre.