7 | Perjury Shmerjury

"If I bend over, I'll vomit," Eleanora declared in the elevator back up to their hotel rooms at 2 in the morning. 

Surprisingly, this had nothing to do with the numerous thrill rides she had gone on. This was purely due to the sheer amount of food she had consumed throughout the night, from food stalls at the amusement park as well as various restaurants around the city, which they had spent hours exploring after the Boardwalk closed for the night. Although the food was good, she was suffering a very intense and uncomfortable feeling of over-fullness and she had major regrets. 

"Then don't bend over," Tony supplied. 

"Thanks. The genius at it again." 

The elevator doors opened and the trio made their way down the hall. Eleanora said goodnight to the boys and shut herself in her room so she could hate herself in peace and spend some time bonding with the toilet. Although it was incredibly late, Eleanora was determined to have the bath she had promised herself. 

She let out a sigh as she sunk into the hot water, her body submerged beneath the thick layer of bubbles on the surface. Setting her portable CD player on the shelf next to her, she placed the earphones in her ears and let herself completely relax, humming along to herself. 

Eleanora took a moment to appreciate the position she was in, and how quickly she and Rhodey had bonded. The thought of going on a road trip with someone she hadn't met yet had been admittedly a little anxiety-inducing, but she had trusted that Tony's best friend wouldn't be a total dickhead. As it turned out, Rhodey was a very kind and mature young man with a much less chaotic energy than Tony. 

The skin on her hands and feet was beginning to prune up when Tony abruptly stumbled through the open door of the bathroom, causing Eleanora to jump and slide further under the water to cover herself. He looked somewhat panicked and had a small cut on his head from which a small amount of blood as trickling. His eyes met hers and he sighed slightly, not even bothering to turn away as he quickly surveyed the room. 

"Uh, hi?" she said confusedly, taking her earphones out. 

She had definitely locked the door to her room so she was extremely confused as to how and why he was currently standing in her bathroom. 

"Get dressed and grab your stuff, you're staying in our room," he ordered. 

She just looked at him in bewilderment. "What? Why? How did you get in here? And why are you bleeding?" 

Tony frowned as he touched the small would on his head, obviously unaware he was bleeding. "I heard a weird noise so I looked out and saw your door was open and I caught some punk scrounging around. It looks like he made a master key." 

"A what?" 

"The software of some keycards isn't great - you can take any of the keycards, even an old out-of-use one and use it to create a master key card that can unlock any door in the hotel." 

Eleanora blinked at him incredulously. "That seems like a bit of an issue. And that still doesn't explain why you're bleeding, did you fight him or something?" 

"Well, yeah, he was trying to rob you," Tony scoffed. "I'm going to let Rhodey know and then go downstairs and find someone to explain what happened and give them a polite fucking reminder about security. Grab your things and go to our room. I'll be back in a bit." 

"What? Why?" she asked as he turned around to leave. 

He turned back around and looked at her like she was stupid. "Because you were just almost robbed," he said slowly.