Zachery's property

The Little one POV (she hasn't been officially given a name).

The man that I now knew was my Uncle, picked up my cage and started walking off. However, Jerome wasn't about to give up that easily he picked up a rock and hurled it at our Uncle, hitting him directly in the back of the head. As he fell forward he dropped my cage and it rolled a few feet away from his body.

"You idiot! You could have killed her. What were you thinking?" Jeremiah said angrily as he rushed over to where my cage now lay. He opened the cage and motioned for me to come out. "Come on out little one, we won't hurt you."

I cocked my head at him trying to decide what to do. "Don't listen to them. This is where you are safe. Besides you don't want our Uncle mad at us. Who knows what kinds of punishments he might have in store for us." The strange voice said.

"Come on little one, nows your chance to escape."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? Just trust me ok? We are only trying to help you. I promise We won't hurt you. Please come out." 

I shook my head no and wrapped myself up into a ball and began to tremble. Jeremiah looked at Jerome and groaned. "Now what?"

Jerome shrugged in reply. "Fine. If she won't leave the cage, then we'll just have to carry her in it." Jeremiah replied frustratedly.

As he approached I shrunk further into the cage. "This is for your own good kid." Jeremiah replied picking up my cage. "Now be quite. We don't want our Uncle to notice your gone."

"So now what are we going to do?" Jerome asked.

"I suggest we bring her to Quinn's mother and explain the situation, she will know what to do." Jeremiah replied.

"I thought we decided that was a bad idea..." Jerome said with a frown.

Unfortunately, for the boys our Uncle had awoken and grabbed both boys by their necks. "Going somewhere boys?" He asked with an evil chuckle. With that, he dragged the two boys to the far end of the circus.

"Jeremiah, considering that Lila would skin me alive were she to learn I had laid a hand on you, You won't share in your brother's punishment."

"However, perhaps watching what will happen to your brother will serve as a deterrence when it comes to the subject of stealing from people." He said as stripped Jerome of his shirt and tied him to a nearby post.

"As for you, I guess you forgot what happened the last time you stole from me. Perhaps this will serve as a reminder." Jeremiah smiles as our Uncle chuckles evilly. "This is a long time coming boy." He said as he unfurled the whip used in the Lion taming portion of the show.

"Nu." I whimpered.

"Hush little one, this doesn't concern you. Unless you want to share in his punishment?" Our Uncle said sternly and I whimpered shrinking back from him and further into the cage. Our Uncle chuckled. "I didn't think so. Besides, He deserves this. Isn't that right Jeremiah?"

"Yeah, I guess he does." Jeremiah replies with a slight shrug. Jerome glared angrily at Jeremiah. What? What did you expect me to say?"

Jerome doesn't reply. Instead he grits his teeth as Uncle Zachary  began his quote on quote punishment. He continued his assault on Jerome's back until it was raw and bleeding. Yet, Jerome didn't cry out, which I could tell was angering our Uncle. Then turning to the cage Uncle Zachary opened it. "Come here little one."

"You'd better do as he says. You don't want to make him angry." The voice in my head whispered. Immediately, I crawled out of the cage and over to where he stood. I looked up at him trembling in fear. He picked me up in his arms and turned me to face Jerome.